Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my Photobucket pix...I hope you guys like the look...I wasn't sure it was going to turn out, but after seeing it in person, I can officially say I love how it turned out. It looks so darned aggressive and that is exactly what I wanted. As soon as I get my new rotors and pads installed I will take some more pix of how wide the 295s look and some other details. (which reminds me I need to update my signature - MODS, is there any way to be allowed more text in my signature???)

I will also do a review of the recently installed Wheelhop Kit and the R888s in a few days after using them for a bit.

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww236/tweeter1981/Fort Collins 2009/

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry.. i meant.. mod list?

awesome car btw :worship:
Thanks for the kind words.

I tried to update my sig, but it is not showing up yet.

New mods not listed in my sig are:

Toyo R888 tires (F: 235/35r19 and R: 295/30r19)
561 Wheelhop Kit
Smoked tint on headlights and foglights
Paint on all other exterior lights
Matte Black powdercoat with red pinstripe (also powdercoat) on CCW wheels
Both front grilles powdercoated Matte Black

To be installed in the next few weeks:

Drilled and Slotted OC Autosports Rotors
Hawk HP+ pads (front)
Hawk HPS pads (rear)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
who did the refinish on the wheels. and what color where they prior?
My guys at Dragon Prostreet Engineering subcontracted them to a Powdercoat shop in the Denver area, not sure who. They kinda screwed up on the pinstripe the first time and my shop turned the wheels back and had them re-done, but I think they turned out amazing after all that.

The wheels were polished aluminum before - very hard to keep clean and keep looking halfway decent. I would actually have to pull out the cordless drill with the mothers polishing ball and use metal polish on them to get them to shine, it was a huge PITA. Here is what the car looked like three weeks ago, and how it looks now (notice the tires are both one series lower profile, so a bigger wheelwell gap has opened up. I might try to lower the car another little bit to close that gap, but it is nice now since I have not had one iota of rubbing since putting these fat tires on):

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
:drool: :drool: your car looks strait up evil

any plans on painting the calipers red? either way it looks sick!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:drool: :drool: your car looks strait up evil

any plans on painting the calipers red? either way it looks sick!
Thanks, sir!

Actually my plan is to paint the calipers a deep gold like the STI's and I have red brembo decals to go on, and then clearcoat over everything. But...I am considering going with red on the calipers as well...I just thought the gold (with red brembo decals) would match the colors of the Cadillac crest and the V symbol really well and tie the color scheme together nicely.

·
Registered
674 Posts
To be installed in the next few weeks:

Drilled and Slotted OC Autosports Rotors
I love mine. Bet you're gonna love yours! :thumbsup:

I love they way people stare at them when I'm waiting for the lights to change.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
Looks good!

Are you going to be tracking your car this summer?

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good!

Are you going to be tracking your car this summer?
I am going to try to hit the road course at least once this season to take advantage of my newfound traction and handling capabilities. I know the R888s probably aren't the best tire for normal street driving, but damn are they fun (and badass looking).

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hows the light output from the tinted heads?
I would say the output is down about 20% from stock. I was hoping it was going to be a little less restrictive than that, but I think I am going to adjust my driver side light up to match the other side and hopefully that should sent the light a little farther out in front of the car. I do very little night driving, since this car is my weekend toy mostly, so I can put up with the lowered output. If it becomes an issue for me, I can just pull the tint off and be back to stock.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts