Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday was a first time EVER seeing something like this:
First my engine temp pegged out, then started dinging, "Engine overheat", "Idle engine". I knew it wasnt overheated because i just started the car!!! So i kept driving, then it went back to normal, then my fuel gauge pegged all the way down, then it dinged and said "Low range" "check fuel level". Then that eventually fixed itself, then the engine temp repeated the process, then i got home. I figured maybe some wierd computer glitch or bad sending unit. Then this morning, i start up the car, it says -2 degrees F, "ice possible" Its 60 degrees outside!! So i scroll thru the information. My engine oil life says 10%, when yesterday it was at 98%(I just changed the oil) Then my Average MPG said .3 miles, fuel was low range with half a tank, and my average mph was 180!!! and my FL tirepressure was not there. Then, out of the blue my security light started flashing!!
So i decided to call onstar to read the codes off the car, they said there were none!! Does anyone have an idea what this could be, It almost seems as if my gauge cluster went bad, but its hard to tell. Im calling the dealer today, i was just wondering if anyone every had this problem.
Frank

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me, outside temp went from -40 up to 140. Overheat warnings, low oil life, low fuel, exact same problem. The dealer replaced the "cluster" and its been fine ever since. you're probably still under warranty so, no big deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never brought it in, it fixed itself and never went wacky again!
Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts