Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,145 Posts
I'd suspect that there is some kind of something inside the top of the engine that is acting like a flap when it finds a way to try to escape.
I recall hearing of that once before on this site, but can't recall what it was that was blocking the purge line.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I recall hearing of that once before on this site, but can't recall what it was that was blocking the purge line.
I'm guessing that the fitting screws right into the water jacket, and that there is something inside that can float around and clog the end of it. But for three days, I have not seen any problems, although the weather has gotten about ten degrees cooler. Two days ago, I started the car and immediately pulled the hose off the reservoir. It was flowing albeit rather slowly.

This situation was pretty complicated, since the car keeps putting out the P0420 code and needs a new catalytic converter. The block test was conducted twice with the same result. The test fluid stayed blue. So I guess I'll spend the money for a new cat. It's about seven years old and hasn't worked well for two years. I had a telecon with MagnaFlow September 20. 2019, A visual inspection of my converter showed that in fact it was MagnaFlow 46009. This is a California grade cat and was superseded to a 448009 for California. However, according to the tech, an “OEM Grade” 51306 has the same quality as 46009 except not approved by California and I can use that one in Texas ($158).

Thanks to everyone for the help. I never would have figured that out without this site and the people on it. 🤗

21 - 22 of 22 Posts