Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was raining a little and I was sitting at a light for like 2 mins and I noticed the car moved or jerked a little twice and then when the light turned green my car wouldn't go. I noticed it slowly rolling backward as if it was in neutral, so I put it in park and put my hazards on, then turned off the car and turned it back on and it worked, but now im a little freaked out and don't want it to happen again. One or 2 days earlier I got a warning that said electrical system failure, but it went off a few miles later, so I checked for codes and had 3 all of which sounded like minor things, nothing that would cause my car to do this. Does nyone have any ideas to what may be the problem? I will check for codes again. and post any new information.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope this in nothing serious. anyway I will post all the codes it has alone with the new one which s obvious.

ABS C1295 Brake lamp switch circuit open
PCM P1574 Stoplamp switch circuit
RIM C0625 Left rear position sensor malfunction

PCM P1599 Engine stall or near stall detected

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crank sensor x 2
how come I haven't got any codes about a malfunctioning part that may have caused it to stall? Im just curious if it will happen again, constantly, until I get it fixed, or if it was more of a one time thing.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,998 Posts
CKP's do not always set a DTC for some reason. My '02 did. It is not a one time thing. It will continue till fixed.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CKP's do not always set a DTC for some reason. My '02 did. It is not a one time thing. It will continue till fixed.
so you think its the crank sensor? how much does it cost to fix? I know if I go to cadillac it will be $700+

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,998 Posts
CKP sensor failures are VERY common in 2000 - early 2003's due to a bad supplier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts