Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know why I never posted this, but last year my model building obsessed brother (who can do some AMAZING work!), told me that there was a company several years ago who made custom resin bodies of both the regular '93-96 Fleetwood sedan and the same car in limo form--which you had to build upon the guts from a standard 90's Caprice cop car/taxi/etc. model kit.

These things are virtually impossible to find, but he stumbled upon a limo model on Ebay a little over a year ago and told me. To make a long story short, I got a little over zealous in my bidding :)rolleyes: ) and ended up paying $145 for the thing. All the parts are still in the box, tucked away somewhere by my brother, since he's still in the middle of about 15 other models at this point.

We've been debating what colors to make it, once it does actually get built, or if he should even assemble it at all, considering it's so rare and I paid so dang much for it.:rolleyes:

Regardless, here's one pic I just found of it on my PC:


I still keep my eyes out for a regular sedan model...but have yet to find one in the past year. Then again, with the way I am on Ebay, I'd end up spending $500 on it if one did show up....
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think, back when he found this one, he typed in "All American Resin" under the Toys/Hobbies - Models - Automotive category.

The brand "All American Models", which I think is now out of business, made these custom resins, most of which had to be based on similar models made complete by other brands--like this one having to be based on the underpinnings and engine of a Revell Caprice kit.

Actually, here's a site that shows the regular sedan one (albeit highly modified):
http://www.lowrider-modelle.com/us-lows_caddy-fleetwood.htm

And another site that shows how it looks done stock--at the bottom, after all the other REALLY cool Caddy models:
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/photoy76.htm

Apparently, the limo is even rarer than the regular one, and the regular one is nonexistant as is. Not long after I bought mine, the same seller put another one up on Ebay and I think it sold for as much if not more.
 

·
Registered
JimmyH
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
man there are several that i would like to get on that second page. i wonder if they are 1:24 scale? now, are all of those from that American Resin company? i would love to get a hold of the 70s models and is that Fleetwood on the first page a 1:24? id like to get that one also. can you pm me any more info brother?

caddycruiser said:
I think, back when he found this one, he typed in "All American Resin" under the Toys/Hobbies - Models - Automotive category.

The brand "All American Models", which I think is now out of business, made these custom resins, most of which had to be based on similar models made complete by other brands--like this one having to be based on the underpinnings and engine of a Revell Caprice kit.

Actually, here's a site that shows the regular sedan one (albeit highly modified):
http://www.lowrider-modelle.com/us-lows_caddy-fleetwood.htm

And another site that shows how it looks done stock--at the bottom, after all the other REALLY cool Caddy models:
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/photoy76.htm

Apparently, the limo is even rarer than the regular one, and the regular one is nonexistant as is. Not long after I bought mine, the same seller put another one up on Ebay and I think it sold for as much if not more.
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
man there are several that i would like to get on that second page. i wonder if they are 1:24 scale? now, are all of those from that American Resin company? i would love to get a hold of the 70s models and is that Fleetwood on the first page a 1:24? id like to get that one also. can you pm me any more info brother?
I don't think they're all that brand, but some are. Mostly, the ones from the 70's look like Johans. I just spoke to my brother and he reminded me that another "half kit" they made was of a '91+ Buick Roadmaster wagon that, again, you had to use the guts of a Caprice model to complete. I'm going to start looking for one of those now, too.

He seems to think the limo is the rarer of the two 90's Fleetwood models, but based on the fact that I've never seen a regular sedan one for sale, I'm thinking otherwise.

I guess the best place to start checking is, as always, Ebay. And yeah, I think most of the regular models you see on that page are 1:24 scale.

Hmm...this has me wanting to spend some money on toys again:rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted on what either I, or my expert brother, can dig up.
 

·
Registered
JimmyH
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
thanks brother that would be much appreciated, please keep me posted. im gonna look for the Johan ones in the mean time.

caddycruiser said:
I don't think they're all that brand, but some are. Mostly, the ones from the 70's look like Johans. I just spoke to my brother and he reminded me that another "half kit" they made was of a '91+ Buick Roadmaster wagon that, again, you had to use the guts of a Caprice model to complete. I'm going to start looking for one of those now, too.

He seems to think the limo is the rarer of the two 90's Fleetwood models, but based on the fact that I've never seen a regular sedan one for sale, I'm thinking otherwise.

I guess the best place to start checking is, as always, Ebay. And yeah, I think most of the regular models you see on that page are 1:24 scale.

Hmm...this has me wanting to spend some money on toys again:rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted on what either I, or my expert brother, can dig up.
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
JimmyH
Joined
·
12,029 Posts
caddycruiser said:
thanks bro, i think most of them are 1:25 which is fine with me, im gonna look through and see if i can get a few. check your pm box.
 

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)
Joined
·
607 Posts
The FW models are freaking awesome..... very realistic to how the interior really is.

Love it, but too rich for my blood....

Good luck with the building phase..... :)
 

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
You can stretch it yourself as long as you want! Cool!
 

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
161 Posts
I built the TKM resin version to match my car. The TKM is not nearly as nice of a model as the All-American is, but it's a little cheaper. It's actually a terrible casting that takes a huge amount of work to get it to look like anything, but you can make it fair with some effort.

I'd love to build the All-American version, but they're kind of hard to find and way too expensive for me.


Gall-dangit! I'm trying to link this image from my photo album on this website, and it still shows up as a link and not the picture. Grrrrr.:mad2:
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Revoh said:
I built the TKM resin version to match my car. The TKM is not nearly as nice of a model as the All-American is, but it's a little cheaper. It's actually a terrible casting that takes a huge amount of work to get it to look like anything, but you can make it fair with some effort.

I'd love to build the All-American version, but they're kind of hard to find and way too expensive for me.

Gall-dangit! I'm trying to link this image from my photo album on this website, and it still shows up as a link and not the picture. Grrrrr.:mad2:
Yours is still really cool. Where did you find the TKM version?
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Revoh said:
There is a phone number at the bottom of this link where you can probably call the guy that makes them. I just bought it from him. The picture also shows a Roadmonster, which you may also be interested in.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/models.htm
Okay, that's great to know. How much did you have to pay for your Fleetwood model?
 

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Revoh said:
$30 or so just for the Fleetwood kit.
And they have to be based off of a Caprice model like the All American ones?
 

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
Joined
·
161 Posts
No.

I used parts off of an Impala SS kit to build mine, because I opened up the hood and needed the engine and tried to detail the chassis a little. But in general, the Caprice kit won't help you a lot unless you like to do a lot of custom fabication. The TKM Fleetwood is a slightly smaller scale than the Revell kit, so pretty much everything in that kit is too big.

The TKM kit comes with everything you need. The chassis is just a tin flat piece, there are some vacuum-formed windows. All of it is pretty crude, though, like someone carved it out of thick resin by hand. It's nothing like building a regular kit, which I suspect the All-American would be.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top