Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS V-6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved the E&G mesh grille today, Installed it fairly quickly. Used the 3m emblem adhesive from Advance Auto Parts. I didnt like the black thingy and just attached the emblem directly to the grille. I think it looks GREAT! Just trying to make my base model STS look decent. :stirpot:

·
Registered
2005 STS V6-1SC
411 Posts
That looks grrreat!! You've just convinced me to to buy a grill for my STS- now all I need to do is convince my wife(LOL)! P.S. dump the mercedes front plate!

·
Cadillac Owners Troll
2019 CT6 Sport 3.0TT,2015 Luxury ATS , 2016 ELR, and Volt
2,238 Posts
Nice looking car.. i have pretty well decided that the 08 grille/bumper switch is only worth it if you go with the factory "in your face grille"--which to me does totally upgrade the looks. The aftermarket grilles are OK but don't make enough difference when you just do the bumper thing as many have noted--you have to see them side by side. BTW have you noticed that the STS -V kept the old front bumper treatment for 08 and up?

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
211 Posts
Looks great! I really like those Vogues too, I seriously considered a set for mine.

·
Banned
2005 STS
30 Posts
I bought that grill the same week I got the STS in 06. Did you cut the tabs on the sides when you installed it? What is the temperature range of the paint you used on the radiator/evaporator? How did you align it with the hood? I went for flush, but the lines almost call for the sides of the grill to stick out a bit farther than the chrome on the hood.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts