Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 07 lade with 14k on it for the business. It has a horrible smell that comes through the vents when running the air conditioning. Anyone ever had this problem??

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It sounds like the condesation line maybe clogged and you are blowing the mold and mildew, that is the bad smell, warranty item, you maybe able to locate the drain tube on the passenger side.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ever since I took my lade to Cedar Point up by Lake Eerie last week, I have been getting that same rotten smell. Only when I run the AC though.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Make sure there is no water in the passenger (or dampness) some times the passenger can kick the drain tube and it will not drain correctly, then you get a smell after that. :(

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
I read somewhere you can make a solution of water and bleech, spray into the air intake with Aircon on, this will kill all living stuff in the system.

Sort of last resort though as if the airon drain vent is blocked, it will just come back.

Many Thanks
Ashley

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
I read somewhere you can make a solution of water and bleech, spray into the air intake with Aircon on, this will kill all living stuff in the system.

Sort of last resort though as if the airon drain vent is blocked, it will just come back.

Many Thanks
Ashley
that will solve the problem....I can vouch for that.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts

Many Thanks
Ashley
Wish I knew that years ago with an LHS my wife had.... Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Just check and see if there's water draining out onto the ground when running the AC.
No puddle? Then the drain is plugged.
About a month ago I had a small puddle of water on my floor mat from water dripping down from bottom side of the console.
Checked the AC drain under the AC unit inside the engine bay, passenger side firewall and the short rubber drain extention tube was plugged with a bug cocoon inside, stopping the water from draining.

The rubber extention pops right off. Clean it out, put it back on, good to go.

·
Registered
07 Cadillac Escalade
85 Posts
There is a cleaning kit for this but I believe you have to take things apart to clean the system. Foam cleaner. That is more for older vehicles cos over time mold can build up in the lines but certainly not a newer car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts