Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' V and the first mod everyone said to do was the short throw shifter and Bushings.....then i did the exhaust ( full ) with B&B....have really enjoyed it and rarely stop for fuel with out getting a complement....

So what are the must do mods for 11' V? Id be intrested in exhaust of course ...and maybe CAI? Something to make the supercharger sound more prevalent.....

Thanks

Keith

S

·
0 Posts
A 2.55 upper makes the whiney come out much more and obviously bring about more power.
Tune is needed after a pulley change
IMO your money is better spent other places than headers if you were looking to go that route.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know headers arent the best as far as hp/$......I just have really enjoyed them since having them :)

S

·
0 Posts
With headers you will need to do some work on the tune. Some headers dont allow the O2 sensors to sweep quick enough causing check engine lights and incorrect AF's until the 02s warm up.
There is a way around this (I learned in PHX Triode tuning school) but is it really worth the benefit? Thats what I had a hard time deciding.
You can get around 30hp with just a cam and cams are cheap. The extra $1500 you save could almost get you a set of heads as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya...I had my 05' tuned also.... Like i said....I just enjoy the sound of headers...I really think 556 HP is more than i need..LOL

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA...what are you saying....Ill change my tune once in hand ?? hahahah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts