Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was still in the shopping mode, there were several cars I was looking at. Generally, I pretty much figured we'd end up with another CTS. However, I did have my eye on 3 XTS's. One was a gray w/black interior 2014 AWD Premium. They wanted roughly $49k for it. Another was a silver w/light titanium interior 2014 FWD Luxury. The the final one was a 2014 silver w/black interior XTS VSport that they wanted just over $50k for. All of these were new cars..not used. I was really eyeballing the VSport but, in the end, I decided I didn't like the fact that it required premium gas and that the MPG was slightly lower. So, I ended up buying the silver FWD luxury...and I'm very happy with it. The point to all of this is...first time I put gas in it...what do I do....premium. Ha!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No accident...on purpose. Mostly 'cuz I thought...why not?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, originally, I was intrigued by the ATS. Nice looking car (well, they all are IMHO). In the end, I just wasn't happy with (1) the trunk room, and (2) the rear seat room. So, as I said before, we actually went in shopping for a CTS. Loved my '06 CTS and I liked the looks of the new ones. Wasn't sure about the tubo 4cyl engine...until I drove one. That car was a rocket, even compared to my old V6 CTS, which had what they used to call the 18" sport wheel package. Anyway, I made an offer and we started a deal on a '15 CTS. Then wife saw the '14 XTS on the showroom floor (it was kind of hidden by a monster Escalade). They had just marked it down. We drove it and liked it...although I do admit that it was nowhere near as peppy as the CTS. But, I made an offer on the XTS instead. They countered with a number $1,200 above my offer. But, funny enough, the salesman screwed up and wrote down their offer at $1,000 less than what the manager said...$274 more than my offer was. Ha. Stuck my hand out and said "deal" and we shook hands on it. To their credit, they lived with the "mistaken" salesman counter. So I was happy with the deal and drove off in a new '14 XTS Luxury. While I love the hell out of the car, there is still a small part of me that would have really liked the CTS. I wouldn't say "buyer's remorse" at all....just what if. LOL.

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,695 Posts
They are advertising new XTS Platinum VSport in mid-to-upper $50's in the Midwest regions let alone Premium Vsports for slightly less new.

We were looking at 2010-2011 SRXs with 2.8 turbo but the prices remaining high compared to used XTS Vsport. Some may think why cross shop a car and CUV? The XTS is only 7 cubic feet of total volume less than the SRX but with more features and technology and 100hp/100torque on the CUV. For a car 4 years newer the price difference was less than $10,000 on the used market between the two different cars.

We ended up turning in our two leased cars early and bought a GMC Terrain one step below Denali with less flashy pieces on the outside. We might tow a jetski with it and that is about all.

But for the last half year watched VSport prices and seen the extra coin for the Platinum over the Premium slowly disappear. So we spent a few extra thousand for the Platinum V over the Premium V. I much prefer the driving dynamics of the XTS vs the top CUV and more weight.plus the tuning potential is much better with the bigger, newer engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts