Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people are not big on murdered out Escalades, but I am a sucker for blacked out rides myself. Thought I would share some pictures of how mine turned out. I still have a little bit of chrome left on the grill that I will take care of at some point.
IMG-20130208-00212-small.jpg
IMG-20130130-00203-small.jpg
IMG-20130130-00202-small.jpg
IMG-20130130-00201rev1.jpg
IMG-20130208-00215-small.jpg

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
looks sick! I likes... the look isn't for everyone so you might get a lot of comments like the ones above. I got a couple of questions for ya:

1 - Did you purchase the rear tail lights? I'm looking to buy some but haven't found ones I like yet.
2 - Did you paint or wrap all the chrome? looks likes paint from the pics but I've also seen similar done with a 3m wrap.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fivepix!
The tail lights are actually just 5% tinted stock ones but with the led lights still have enough light to work great. Did put led in the reverse lights for backing up at night though.
Most of the chrome is covered in 3M wrap but it looks exactly like the paint. The exception is the door handles and rims. Door handles are off a black Yukon and the rims are powder coated with the center caps done with custom paint to make the emblems match the ones on the grill and the back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
56geo said:
try to sell it someday looking like that
I'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble selling it. Just because you may not like it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT
92 Posts
Looks great. I'll never tint my tails because my buddy did his and got pulled over 3 or 4 times a month until he swapped them out. I don't want that hassle. I guess in Tampa if you're riding in a black Escalade, you're up to no good.

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
By 5% tint you mean like window tint? So instead of buying actual black tail lights could I simply take it to a tint shop for them to do it? is the tint on the inside or outside of the lights? Sorry for all the questions. I want a similar look on my truck but don't know how to go about it without purchasing the lights.

3M wrap looks great, if you ever do sell simply peal off.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes its just 5% window tint on the outside of the tail lights. Blends them in really nicely and the lights are still really bright at night.
I am sure I will find buyers who like it as is, when I am ready to sell it. But yes I could take all the wrap off in a day if somebody really wanted the chrome back.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A local shop called The Tint Factory did all of the wrap and tinting on my truck. They do really sweet work and I would recommend them to anybody in Alberta. They do lots of really sweet custom stuff and are more than just a tint shop though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts