Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my ATS I have had weather alerts come in 2’s. Maybe the car knows I’m getting older and my attention span isn’t what it used to be.

Then this morning I’m driving to work and I get the same weather alert 4 times in succession! And about 1/2 mile down the road.....it repeats the whole sequence again! Either my attention span is really going down hill fast or the car is just as shocked as as I am that it’s late May and we are having a severe frost tonight.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,663 Posts
The weather alerts are via subscription to XM traffic/weather. You will receive all alerts for the general area you are in and if you look closely at the displayed text you will see slight differences in terms of counties and towns included in the multiple different warnings. It is somewhat annoying and while traveling last year I got 7 while traveling into Kentucky with numerous different flood warnings. But the multiple slightly different warnings are better than a single generic "something bad is about to happen to you" warning :)

Dismissing them via the steering wheel control is much more convenient than reaching for the touch screen when multiple warnings appear.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
clempot911 said:
Ever since I bought my ATS I have had weather alerts come in 2’s. Maybe the car knows I’m getting older and my attention span isn’t what it used to be. Then this morning I’m driving to work and I get the same weather alert 4 times in succession! And about 1/2 mile down the road.....it repeats the whole sequence again! Either my attention span is really going down hill fast or the car is just as shocked as as I am that it’s late May and we are having a severe frost tonight.
Yeah I've been getting 2-3 Flash Flood Watch alerts at a time for the past month. I figured it's just different nearby counties, or the XM service isn't clearing their queue effectively. I've gotten so used to double-tapping the Dismiss button lately that when the odd single alert comes in, I end up in a different menu unintentionally. I'm just happy to get the rain to necessitate the alerts, I suppose, so I'll live with it. I don't think it's CUE, though. I think it's just what's coming in from XM.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I turned it off, because I was getting 10+ flood alerts on mine a couple months ago. I'm also going to turn off traffic alerts too because Google Maps on my iphone does a much better job of keeping me updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts