Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2005 CTS is sick. Its been acting like its part jackrabbit when @ a stoplight or otherwise but when its time to go all my baby's power is gone & it struggles to get going. These are the codes that came from a <1 mile trip to store & back last night. Hopefully someone knows what i need to do next. P0301, P0303, P3637, P3733, P0300. Please Help
Capture+_2019-10-03-06-00-40.png

·
Registered
26 Posts
P0300 : Engine Misfire Detected
P0301 : Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0303 : Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
as for the other two i couldn't find any information about them could be your reader isn't reliable
Anyways a misfire diagnosis is not hard to do if you have some knowledge
either bad spark plugs , bad coils, dirty throttle body or even the MAF sensor
good luck and hope you get to the bottom of this issue
if you need any further information ask and i will try to provide it to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I've decided to buy a 6 pack of coils with limited lifetime warranty from ebay for $70 (just to see if this is the real problem) & of course new spark plugs. Cross your fingers for me! Although finding someone to do the labor is proving harder than finding the parts. Trying my best not to go to dealership in Spartanburg, SC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i will leave the labor advise to other members who are in your area. as for the repairs you need to do is most likely a tune-up (spark plugs, coils, cleaning the throttle body, air filter, injector cleaning, fuel filter) however i want you to know this, sometimes the problem could be as simple as replacing or cleaning the mass air flow sensor "MAF" . for me i would still do the tune-up especially if you have lots of millage on them

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is great advice...the tune up is a good move if lots of miles and/or unknown history. However I dont know which brand of coils is available on ebay so this may or may not be the best choice (i replaced one unit with ACDelco for about $35). I also prefer Acdelco plugs which are about $7 each. Regardless, if I were in your shoes I would start by cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor, as suggested above. Each of these requires a specific cleaner available at parts stores, and youtube has vids on how to clean them (easy DIY).

·
Registered
409 Posts
How common is it for the coils to go bad ??
I have seen the occasional bad coil in 3-4 year old cars, but the probability increases as the car ages. On the other hand, my 07 still has 5 of the 6 originals...I suspect I will need a few more replacements over the next few years!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hmmm. Haven't seen that before but the description suggests it's a communication error. I would start by trying a different reader to see if you can get more info. Is it possible to get the car to an Autozone or similar? Or can you borrow a different reader?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Three reader im using is a Sprint Drive wifi box that stays plugged in all the time but yes I can borrow another & I'll post the codes asa I get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts