Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the muffler on my '68 Cp.dV and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I want good flow, but quietness is my main priority. So... anybody have any brands and/or models they would recommend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MMNineInchNails said:
Why go quiet?...
Well... it's a Cadillac. I don't mean to be a snobby jerk, but an old, loud Cadillac isn't the image I'm looking to portray. That'd have been cool in my teens to early twenties, but I'm too old for that now.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Matt427 said:
Well... it's a Cadillac. I don't mean to be a snobby jerk, but an old, loud Cadillac isn't the image I'm looking to portray. That'd have been cool in my teens to early twenties, but I'm too old for that now.
tear :crying:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I installed a 3" inlet to dual 2.5" outlets Magnaflow on my 72 Eldorado.
I am 56 and the sound was perfect. If what you install is too loud, add resonators.
I also put a pair of Flowmaster Big Block 70 series exiting into a single 3" tail pipe on my cad500 powered GMC Motorhome. It is louder than the Eldo, but sounds good for a Motorhome.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
On mine, I had a dual exhaust setup made for it, that 472 needs to breathe deep. I was concerned about noise, and I just had stock style mufflers installed. It's a bit louder, but the power increase is definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
DaveSmed said:
On mine, I had a dual exhaust setup made for it, that 472 needs to breathe deep. I was concerned about noise, and I just had stock style mufflers installed. It's a bit louder, but the power increase is definitely noticeable.
If dave had his exhaust in when we went to etown then it sounds really good. Not to loud but you know its there and you know its a V8

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yup that was it. The only problem is my manifold has a crack in it, so it sounds raspier in the front. behind it, it's nice and deep though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
DaveSmed