Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,098 Posts
:alchi:At the risk of starting yet another exhaust war, look at the search link in the blue bars at the top of this page. Start with...exhaust...mufflers...catback...etc. There are 91.6 skrillion posts there.

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
Ive been doing some research on the same thing :highfive:, I plan on just upgrading the pipe from the Y back to 2.5". The best sounding mufflers I have heard are Flowmaster 50 Series, I have listened to many clips of others on YouTube, and just liked those the best on a N*. I know they do not flow as much as others but all im after is the sound. All a matter of opinion tho. Search cadillac exhaust on youtube and you can find some different clips.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I know a bunch of Midas mgrs. They tell me that most people who buy Flowmasters want to get rid of them after about a year. They just become disenchanted with them. We all have our own taste.

As someone else said, check threads. You can be very creative with an exhaust system.

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
I know a bunch of Midas mgrs. They tell me that most people who buy Flowmasters want to get rid of them after about a year. They just become disenchanted with them. We all have our own taste.

As someone else said, check threads. You can be very creative with an exhaust system.
Heres a clip of the series 50, sounds alot different then the common 40 series. Ive heard the 40s and dont like them at all, some of the dynomax turbos, corsa, and others, I just think they have a kinda ricer sound to them. This STS is the best tone that Ive heard IMO, then again not many people put an exhaust on thier caddy. Hope this will help! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GehWVg8v-IM

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
If you want to know what to get talk to the guy right above this post he made his own for his eldo and STS.
Sorry Jay I had to throw you out there because your the only one I know that made your own exhaust.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Best low cost exhaust mod can be done with a 32 oz hammer and a center punch. One small side effect is that exhaust fumes will kill you. Other than that.....

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
If you want to know what to get talk to the guy right above this post he made his own for his eldo and STS.
Sorry Jay I had to throw you out there because your the only one I know that made your own exhaust.
thank you for the props
STS vid will be posted tomorrow

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
self built and got parts at cost from my boss
ETC was 250 for muffs 3 inch tube and tips *100 bucks more due to the z/28 style tips*
STS was 150 for muffs and 3 inch tube

1 - 15 of 15 Posts