Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
196 Posts
Re: Splash guard pix - per request

What ... you didn't want to pay the extra 125 dollars for those steller splash guards?

I still haven't figured out why dealers try to con people into paying for these things. They put them on and think you just say ok. I guess some people do...

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts

Any chance on a pic of the whole car with them on? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Car is the black '08 on page 20 of the car pix. that's where the request for the splash guard pix came from:)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

What ... you didn't want to pay the extra 125 dollars for those steller splash guards?

I still haven't figured out why dealers try to con people into paying for these things. They put them on and think you just say ok. I guess some people do...

The same reason they offer you a surge protector, extended warranty, Monster Cables, etc, when you buy a big screen TV. People making a large purchase tend to want a little extra protection, and $125 isn't too bad a price for those considering they have to pay for the parts and a mechanic to take all 4 wheels off and install them.

I don't mind the look of those at all- they're a lot more subtle than some I've seen.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts

Thanks. I requested the photos and appreciate you taking the time to take them and post them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

No problem, Zymurgy, Glad I was able to contirbute.

Cadillac tony, I understand the cost and actually like the splash guards; I just don't like having much of a choice when I find a car on the lot that I really like, as in the case of my CTS. As it was I ended up with a spoiler that is nice but more $$$ than I would have preferred to spend. Add-ons are ok as long as you can agree.

FYI, I picked my baby up in Ocala!

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

no need. no curbs by my house, and I don't belives in parallel parking. Besides, I don't want to be recognized in my old 'hood! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint
271 Posts
Re: Splash Guards?

I tried to order splash guards, but the dealership said to wait awhile in case they design MOLDED splash guards

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts

My dealer just mailed me a postcard with some options, winter mats and splash guards and the optional 18 polished wheels. I'll pass. The card appears to be a GM card and not just a local dealer item.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts

The picture doesn't show an 08..........maybe there is no difference?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My 08 came with splash guards, and I think they look extremely good on my black car. I have pictures in an earlier thread. Search for Splach guards.

·
Registered
GM bought back my lemon 2008 CTS
638 Posts

I'm interested in getting molded splash guards. I want to protect my car's paint and also avoid having to wash it so often when the dirt is mostly what's spun up from wet roads. I am already not liking the black water spots I get - mostly low on the front doors, not too bad on the rear end.

The black splash guards look great on a black car, but I have the light platinum exterior and I think it'll probably look like crap. Anybody else have splash guards on something other than a dark colored (black/blue/cherry) car? Any idea if they will make splash guards in other colors?

Otherwise do you think it would be practical to have a shop paint the splash guards with matching paint or a similar paint color? From others posts, I recall seeing something like $400.00 minimum for the matching paint. Add the price of the splash guards and you can buy a lot of car washes with that kind of money.

·
Registered
11 Cadillac CTS4 Coupe, crystal red, 18", chrome grill, tint
271 Posts
1 - 20 of 158 Posts