Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'20 XT4; '20 Hyundai Palisade Limited
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed quite a bit of dirt buildup on the lower body by the tires and it appears that mud flaps would be a big help. Has anyone installed the OEM mud flaps? Looking in the wheel wells I could't find any existing screws although the OEM mud flaps do have 3 screw holes which led me to believe that the drilling of holes would be required. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Sport AWD
7 Posts
I won't be much help as far as an OEM is concerned. My job Involves driving my XT4 (AWD) on many muddy, dirt roads; I had my splash guards installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. I do think they help keep the car clean.

·
Vendor
2019 Silverado LD | Blacked Out
80 Posts
@rebelduke They are worth it... and OEM is the only way to do mudflaps.

Here is a link if you want to see the kit. PM if you'd like to review the installation instructions prior to purchasing to see if you'd do these yourself of pay the $50 or so to have them installed.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4, 2013 ATS4 Perf, 2019 XT4 AWD Prem. Lux.
3 Posts
Rears took about 1 hour to install in my garage, mostly time taking wheels off and replacing.
1 drill hole underside, very easy install.
Fronts take a little longer and more drilling. A bit more complicated.
Simple job if you have any do it yourself skills.
OEM parts.
If you don't feel comfortable doing it, have the dealer install at your next service. $50
Looks good on the XT4 and reduces splash on the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the dealer install them - front and rears. Too darn cold and miserable to do in the garage in the middle of winter.
If it was the summer would have done them myself, not a big deal with a few small holes to drill.
Must say they have done a great job so far of keeping some of the road crap off the finish.
The fronts are a nice size but wish the rears were a touch wide,r but they are what they are and are better than nothing.
I would recommend them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts