Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I ordered a set of mudflaps off of eBay for 50 bucks. They're made out of rubber and installed fairly easily. The front required one hole to be drilled into the inner lip of the fender, and the rears bolted up to three stock bolt locations. It took me about 25 minutes to put them on, and I did not take the wheels off the car. That made it a little tedious to get the rear ones installed, but I just kept working it to get the screws started.

I put these on because I was really tired of rocks and sand getting thrown up and eating away at the paint on the lower part of the car. Also, it should stop the rock chips at the lower rear corner of the rear doors. I told my wife I was going to buy them and she said no, she didn't want those on her car. But it was either this, or get the whole lower side done in that clear bra material. This was a lot cheaper than doing that, and this also offers better protection than simply covering over the paint. And it turned out great! I actually like the way it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
18 Posts
Good idea! I have noticed that after I leave a carwash it doesn't take very long to get a splash streak up the side of my car. Do you know if Cadillac makes any of these specifically for the V-sport? I haven't been able to find any.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked the dealership, and they referred me to a display of some for pickups and camaros, and a catalog, but I didn't want to look through the catalog to try and figure it out. The display ones were color matched, and looked good. I'm sure they prolly want $200 or $300 for them.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Now if you did some paint work, would look even better to color match, maybe plasti-dip from your nearest home depot and don't forget the high gloss for it also, so if you don't like it, just remove it, as easy as eating pie. :)

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium
2 Posts
These look great... I got the same set off Amazon and they are on going this weekend. They are as high a quality as the ones I got for an 08 CTS from GM. My Vsport is black and shows every bit of road dirt so can't wait to get these installed. GM does not make a set for the CTS 14/15 model year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually like the look better than without! It makes the tires look even wider. Very happy with them!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both Amazon and eBay have them for a 2014-2015 CTS for a little over $50

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
508 Posts
Not a huge fan of these, but I might get some to protect the new paint on the whole left side of my car until it cures enough for me to get the paint protection film reinstalled.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
Not a huge fan of these, but I might get some to protect the new paint on the whole left side of my car until it cures enough for me to get the paint protection film reinstalled.
Did you get your car back?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
They don't stick out too much and could be painted to blend in better. I've had mine on for a week or two now and love that there is no dirt and water splashing up on the sides. If you buy from ebay do a search for closest to you and make sure they are based out of the US. The one I linked was California I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.