Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Too ugly for words! I've seen it done......F'UGLY!!!

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
What you can try is those clear mudflaps. I seen them once or twice on some cars.From a distance you don't notice the flaps.But you would still need to clean them as they are clear plastic type.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Im not sure about the clear ones, because eventually they will turn yellow-ey.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
jerseyMan said:
Yeah, thanks - I am not thrilled with the look, but was looking for an (easier) way to keep the car looking clean...
I can see wanting to keep it clean...But keeping it clean is part of keeping it looking good. Mudflaps would make it look like crap.....So then, What would be the point of keeping it clean?:banghead:

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
C'mon guys, mudflaps are cool, as long as they have the outline of the naked lady they'll look great :banghead2

I actually did have mudflaps on an 89 pontiac formula i had(came that way when i bought it). They were hard plastic and i shaved them down to where they were maybe 1.5 inches long. You could hardly see them, but it did stop most of the caked on debris from messing up the finish right around the wheel well. That being said, i would never buy them.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Naked lady outline....I love it! I gotta get some for the Seville! LOL!LOL!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2000 STS came with mudflaps behind all four wheels, I am keeping them on because I have to drive on a gravel road on a daily basis and they help reduce the amount of dust and gravel kicked up. To be honest, they don't really seem like an eyesore, you really don't even notice them unless you're looking closely, I didn't even notice them the first time I saw the car on the lot.

If you're going to get mudflaps, be sure to get a set that are plain flat black, they just sort of dissapear. I've seen some really ugly flaps with "Cadillac" spelled out in chrome or even worse, with a huge colored Cadillac emblem! Now THAT is an eyesore!

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
I just put a rear set of flat black ones on my Fleetwood Brougham, honestly, I don't even notice them. But I wanted to protect the cars from the salty winters here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts