Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny, all 3 'cons' for the Blackwing are the same: engine, engine, engine.

Meanwhile in Bimmer land - inferior brakes, inferior (manual) transmission, inferior value proposition (effectively same car for $20k more) and design language that resembles a front-end collision.

The M3 would have to be CHEAPER than the Caddy for me to even consider it, which is why I didn't, and ordered the Blackwing :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
The seats in the M3 are horrible. It is like sitting on concrete. The side bolsters are miserable. The M3 will be more expensive to maintain and it does not have a 6 year powertrain warranty. The Cadillac certainly has a much nicer front grill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The seats in the M3 are horrible. It is like sitting on concrete. The side bolsters are miserable. The M3 will be more expensive to maintain and it does not have a 6 year powertrain warranty. The Cadillac certainly has a much nicer front grill.
Good points. BUT, what is this 6 year warranty you speak of??? My understanding is standard 4yr warranty with option to pay for an extended 5yr warranty. Have never heard of a 6yr warranty for this vehicle...can you share details?

·
Registered
168 Posts
4yr /50k basic. 6yr / 70k powertrain. Look it up online if you don't believe it. Your dealer is mistaken. Now if you're out of the US that could make a difference,

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,299 Posts
It may be different in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,299 Posts
Funny, all 3 'cons' for the Blackwing are the same: engine, engine, engine.

Meanwhile in Bimmer land - inferior brakes, inferior (manual) transmission, inferior value proposition (effectively same car for $20k more) and design language that resembles a front-end collision.

The M3 would have to be CHEAPER than the Caddy for me to even consider it, which is why I didn't, and ordered the Blackwing :)
But note it took the M3 Competition to beat the BW. The article starts off by saying that the regular M4 was no competition for BW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer may be trying to rip you off. Beware.
Wow really appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction, turns out the sales rep is a moron and didn't know what he was talking about. Erroneously told me powertrain is 4yr.

The General Manager stepped in and assured me it does indeed come with 6yr powertrain warranty, even in Canada.

Phew, thanks fellas!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow really appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction, turns out the sales rep is a moron and didn't know what he was talking about. Erroneously told me powertrain is 4yr.

The General Manager stepped in and assured me it does indeed come with 6yr powertrain warranty, even in Canada.

Phew, thanks fellas!
They try to sell these extended warranties at a premium when you are already covered for 6 years. Bumper to bumper is 4 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They try to sell these extended warranties at a premium when you are already covered for 6 years. Bumper to bumper is 4 years.
Pretty much exactly what happened here, except the scumbag rep decided to straight up lie and tell me and tell powertrain was included in the 4yr bumper to bumper and I could pay for a 5th.

The GM of the dealer knows am I not thrilled and will be dealing with me personally moving forward.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They had to use the M3 Comp to beat the Blackwing and it still cost 25k more as tested. It's not even a fair comparison. And why do some mags praise this engine and others like this rag on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As much as the 3.6TT DOES kick ass, I do wish GM had thrown the LT1 in the CT4 instead. Would have given it juuuuust that little bit more character/rowdiness (that the CT5 BW has) but on a more appropriate scale for this vehicle.

Anyways, I'm not really complaining, especially coming from a NA 2.0L 4-banger lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts