Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 Sport V8 Magride, 2015 Escalade ESV Platinum (sh!t box)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm been looking around for an 07-09 Northstar for a little while now. I just learned via an old thread that the 20" rims negate MRC, so you get the FE1 instead. I prefer the look of the sport package's front end, but being spoiled by my STS, would strongly prefer FE3/F55. It seems ironic that the sportier looking model has the softer suspension...
That being said, was the car offered with the sport appearance package minus the 20" wheels, and therefore with MRC available? If not, I suppose I could fit a sport package facia on an MRC equipped car, right?
Thanks in advance for any insight!

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,981 Posts
not all sport packages came with the 20's...some had the 18's...I've not been able to feel the difference between FE1 and GE3 but I wouldn't call the FE1 soft...although I get your point on wanting the FE3

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,135 Posts
It is my understanding that MRC cannot work properly on the SRX with sport package due to an incompatibility with the wheel size. Sport package means an upgrade to 20" size rims. It means that MRC would likely make magnetic changes too slowly to be effective when going over rough terrain.

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 Sport V8 Magride, 2015 Escalade ESV Platinum (sh!t box)
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
08SRX said:
It is my understanding that MRC cannot work properly on the SRX with sport package due to an incompatibility with the wheel size. Sport package means an upgrade to 20" size rims. It means that MRC would likely make magnetic changes too slowly to be effective when going over rough terrain.
I'm sure they just didn't want to fund the recalibration needed to optimize it for those wheels. Can't imagine why else. I figure they knew the 07 refresh and new sport package was only a 3 year deal, and MRC equipped V8s are pretty scarce anyway. Still seems silly though. Sporty looking model gets the non-performance suspension. More pedestrian looking model is optional with the performance suspension.
It sure as hell isn't too slow though! Fastest reacting suspension in production. Can execute any variance to dampening in one inch of road travel at 60 mph. Wow! Not to mention the Escalade employs MRC despite having 22" rims.

Anyway, I thoroughly searched Autotrader, Cars.com, and eBay. I only found one 07-09 Northstar with MRC! (Though I didn't go through the very higher mileage units with a fine tooth comb)
Looking at the results on Compnine, for model year 2008:
Total production: 22,210
Northstar: 2,321 (10.5%)
MRC: 805 (3.6%)
So assuming the take rate was equal for MRC between V6 and V8 models:
V8 + MRC: 81 (0.36%)
I also want the Ultraview Plus sunroofs:
Total UV Plus: 2,490 (11.2%)
Assuming equal take rate again:
V8 + MRC + UV Plus: 9 (0.04%)

Now, I suspect the take rate for premium options (MRC and Ultraview Plus) was higher among V8 buyers. Even if I tripled the take rate among V8 buyers on each option, we'd be left with:
V8 + MRC: 251
V8 + MRC + UV Plus: 84

I'm sure the truth is somewhere between 9 and 84, though of course I am also looking at 2007 and 2009 models. However, I don't like red or purple, I also want trailering provisions, chrome roof rails, a third row seat, and rear DVD.

All that being said, do any of you have a 2007-09 with a V8, rear entertainment, third row, Ultraview Plus, MRC, and trailering package?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an 05 N*, rear entertainment, 3rd row, ultraview plus, MRC, and tow package, also add original 18 rims but chromed ALONG with the sport fascia (recently added due to hitting an animal) . Sport not avail until 07. Also LED signals/markers and cooler temp foglamps that match the hid color from headlamps.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade, 2007 SRX
337 Posts
I wanted the Magnaride in the SRX too because my STS has it, but I did not see a single Sport package SRX that had Magnaride when I was looking. The 18" wheels with staggered tires are standard for the Sport package, by the way. The 20" wheels were optional (I am now adding them to ours). A guy I used to work with bought an 07 V8, AWD, and Magnaride SRX but it didn't have the Sport package. I can't say I'm unhappy with the FE1 suspension on our SRX though, it drive pretty nice and I'm sure it will drive even better once I get the 20" wheels on it. As far as the SRX goes, I don't think I would worry that much about the Magnaride. Especially if you're looking into a high mileage unit since the shocks cost nearly $1k a corner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts