Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
Rsteph and larrypdx. Did that Portland dealer treat you well when buying from them? I bought mine from McCurley Chevy/caddy here locally. They treated me well and still do. Was just wondering.

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was happy with them but so far my only experience with them has been the purchase. We'll see how things go once I need service, etc. I have no reason to think they won't be good. Time will tell. Originally (through Costco Auto Program) I was referred to a dealer down in Salem. They started out good but then stopped answering my email questions. Not sure if they didn't think I was a serious customer or not...but they pi$$ed me right off by ignoring me so I wrote them off the list. I was actually looking at cars over in McMinnville (Or.) as well as Vancouver (Wa) and Portland. We ended up in Portland mainly because they had (supposedly) 5 different CTS' we wanted to see. When we got there they only actually had 1 of those cars (apparently their website is not updated very well). But, while there, we "found" the XTS, everything fell right into place, and we took her home.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 Lux, 2014 XTS-4 Lux
29 Posts
I was quite happy with them, especially the Sales Rep, Gene Luther, whom I've become friends as we have many similar interests. I would recommend him highly.
Their Service Dept. has been responsive to my issues and everyone there has been friendly. I was actually looking for another CTS-4 but found the XTS-4 and
loved it. I went for it because it was "Certified" and in perfect condition and I got the full warranty, even with 22,500 Miles. I have since named it "HAL" because of
all the computer electronics. LOL.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Ok. Same place I bought my new 2014 XTS Luxury. Cadillac of Portland (formerly Alfonso). Was just wondering about the DIC reset since I know they use some of their stock as service loaner cars. I'm sure ppl drive them like a rental.
I'm not sure about others here but I don't treat the Cadillac loaners like a rental. In my eyes, if they give me a comparable car, I will treat it like mine! (no, I don't treat mine like crap...LOL) If they give me a POS, I will treat it like one;)

@bigcaddyfan - Yes, the Luxury models have the Instant MPG screen/page...they may have to go into settings in the DIC and activate it.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,727 Posts
VSport with 40K miles and seeing an indicated 22 mpg on 10 mile commute with 50% highway. This is non-rush hour and speed limit driving with AC on. Very good considering highway for the VSport is 24 mpg. I don't think M mode would help as it holds the rpms longer before shifting. Just some baseline numbers before a tune.

·
Registered
2014 XTS PREMIUM
6 Posts
Have done 2 trips from central florida to charlotte nc. Basically highway. Both trips got 30.5 mpg on my 2014 premium. Just did a 1900 mile trip to charlotte and then into the smoky mountains and thru tn. And total trip was 28.5 mpg. I do use the cruise control as much as possible. However around town it comes in at 18-19.

Good morning. Your CF account is activated. Please contact Admin with an e-mail address different from @aol.com. That system is filled with spam and malware. Note the caution in the registration problems forum. Thanks, CF Staff

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,727 Posts
32.5 mpg @ 65 mph for 320 miles in VSport. The cruise control, tailwind, and a couple construction zones help flatten PA-76 turnpike. Tire pressures were set at 40 psi and the AC used.

Boost was usually peaked to one-half pound or one on the gauge. Only a couple of times did the cruise control returning to speed force 1 psi return.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts