Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 3 glorious years with my 2012 V sedan. However, nothing this good is meant to last. My lease is up in two months and the V will be going back. I wanted to sell it to a friend if mine, but US Bank won't allow that. The buyout is for me only.

If anyone wants to keep a lookout for my car once it hits the used market, send me a pm and I will share my VIN. The car is a 2012 Black Diamond auto sedan with 18,000 miles. Recaro seats and suede wheel and shifter. Chrome wheels and sunroof.

I'm really going to miss it.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
18,000 miles?
Why wouldn't you squeeze every paid lease mile out of it? It's not like your trying to preserve it for a long time

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18,000 miles?
Why wouldn't you squeeze every paid lease mile out of it? It's not like your trying to preserve it for a long time
I tried. My wife doesn't like it and therefore the family car is hers. That's also why I won't get another one. Not getting full use of it. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, just don't get to use it as it should be. Hopefully the next owner will use it more.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
220 Posts
My 2012 has just turned 11k miles, only a weekend car.
We all eventually move on, every time I think I'm gonna keep a car forever....I move on.

But....this time I don't see a replacement car that I would want right now, it is looking as if the performance market is leaning towards turbo sixes.

I like the combo of a 6.2 V8..complete with Supercharger and terrible gas mileage!

Already have done the Corvette thing, although the C7 is light years ahead of my old C6Z!

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not have your friend give you the cash to buy it out and then transfer it to them?
That was the plan. Then he checked the insurance. NJ is crazy, they wanted twice what I pay in NY for the same coverage. I don't want to buy it myself and sell it because I get screwed on the sales tax.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
your friend could just buy it from whatever dealer you are turning it in to....if they work out a deal and have the dealer spend no money on reconditioning the car, he might be able to get it for close to the dealers buyout price from gmac or wherever you have the lease from. Then you dont have to pay any sales tax on it.

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your friend could just buy it from whatever dealer you are turning it in to....if they work out a deal and have the dealer spend no money on reconditioning the car, he might be able to get it for close to the dealers buyout price from gmac or wherever you have the lease from. Then you dont have to pay any sales tax on it.
Can't do this either. The reason is that the dealer doesn't own the car, US Bank does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hated US Bank when I leased my first V from them. My experience with their customer service was like I'd been transported back to 1980s-Ma-Bell-we-don't-have-to-give-a-damn time. Plus they tried to charge me a fee to have an 'appraiser' come out and inspect the vehicle when *I* was the person buying the lease out!! I then googled them and found that they like to make extra profit on being extremely stringent on wear-and-tear. But when the lease is being bought out?? Finally I got through to somebody there and they pulled their head out.

But you should still be able to sell your car to a dealer for the lease buyout amount. As long as US Bank gets their money, they don't care who it comes from. If your friend really wants it, and is willing to go through the effort, aaaand you find a dealer willing to do it for the doc fees / minimal profit, he can negotiate the purchase price with the dealer. Dealer then turns around and buys it from you and sells it to your friend. I've had friends use dealers for sell-through before so that the selling party gets the sales tax credit for trading the car in. US Bank gets paid.

Probably not very attractive though, lease buyout might not be that much under market value. Or it may be. These cars have been holding steady and increasingly slightly ... as I was very surprised to find out when I went to buy a pre-owned 2011 a couple months ago.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
115 Posts
I was planning on buying my car and the end of the lease. However, I was also planning on trying to negotiate a lower buyout price than what is listed on the contract. In other words, turn the car in, then buy it back... at a better price.

Has anyone ever heard of this approach? Oh, the bank is Ally.

(this is why I have no problem keeping the miles low; almost (2) years old and only a little over 4 thousand miles).

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,163 Posts
While I doubt they will negotiate because it is a closed-end lease, it most definitely is worth a try. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I was planning on buying my car and the end of the lease. However, I was also planning on trying to negotiate a lower buyout price than what is listed on the contract. In other words, turn the car in, then buy it back... at a better price.

Has anyone ever heard of this approach? Oh, the bank is Ally.

(this is why I have no problem keeping the miles low; almost (2) years old and only a little over 4 thousand miles).
Have you heard of Zipcar?

·
Registered
CTSV, Denali
396 Posts
Funny
Big Jim is pointing out with such few miles driven you should utilize zip car. you can rent the car for the hour, day or however long you need it. Its very popular in NYC.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
115 Posts
Haha well I like having my own car. Hence, planning to buy it.

I was asking if anyone had tried negotiating the end of lease contract amount. Thanks though...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts