Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
None
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will likely be trading my SRX for a 2013 Lexus RX450h. In the nearly 3 years and 24,500 miles I've had the SRX, it's been so-so. Oil pan gasket replaced after leaking oil while parked. Battery replaced after being completely dead. Lackluster fuel economy for this gentle driver. I always do better than the EPA rating, but not with the SRX. At least it only calls for regular gas. I'm not saying it's a bad car, but it just doesn't do it for me. A premium price for my Luxury trim with Nav and AWD that seems to be less than premium.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
300:29:1 said:
I will likely be trading my SRX for a 2013 Lexus RX450h. In the nearly 3 years and 24,500 miles I've had the SRX, it's been so-so. Oil pan gasket replaced after leaking oil while parked. Battery replaced after being completely dead. Lackluster fuel economy for this gentle driver. I always do better than the EPA rating, but not with the SRX. At least it only calls for regular gas. I'm not saying it's a bad car, but it just doesn't do it for me. A premium price for my Luxury trim with Nav and AWD that seems to be less than premium.
No question, Lexus makes a great ride. In terms of reliability, you'll be hard pressed to find better. However, I do think Caddy has the edge in terms of looks. The sharp angles really set the car apart IMO. I also think the SRX looks pretty masculine for a crossover, whereas the Lexus is very much a soccer-mom-milf mobile. Not that that's any reason not to get one. I've just never ever seen a dude driving one. Ever. Lexus has always felt a little boring to me, although I think what they've done with the grille year.

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
Oil pan gasket replaced after leaking oil while parked. Battery replaced after being completely dead. Lackluster fuel economy for this gentle driver. I always do better than the EPA rating, but not with the SRX. At least it only calls for regular gas. I'm not saying it's a bad car, but it just doesn't do it for me.
I wouldn't blame the car for a dead battery. I've seen batteries fail prematurely in all different makes.
I do agree with the lackluster fuel economy, and like you, I can manage to get over the EPA rating with every car I've owned. Not so with the SRX.

I think I saw your thread on the Lexus forum.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
No question, Lexus makes a great ride. In terms of reliability, you'll be hard pressed to find better. However, I do think Caddy has the edge in terms of looks. The sharp angles really set the car apart IMO. I also think the SRX looks pretty masculine for a crossover, whereas the Lexus is very much a soccer-mom-milf mobile. Not that that's any reason not to get one. I've just never ever seen a dude driving one. Ever. Lexus has always felt a little boring to me, although I think what they've done with the grille year.
How about a little sexism with your Cadillac Forum? I'll be sure to leave my hat and scarf at home next time I drive my SRX with the sun roof open. :bigroll:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Lexus is bland. Reliable, yes, but what first was "easy to drive" quickly becomes "boring to drive". Just doesn't do it for me.

That's my opinion though, hope you have a good luck with your new Lexus.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
Honda Gold Wing is a good motorcycle but I prefer to ride my Harley. Sometimes it's more about what I like in a vehicle than what is the most reliable option.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
My wife test drove a used Lexus RX450h (2011, I think) along with Acura RDX, and a few other makes/models before we bought our 2010 SRX. We both felt the RX was bland and boring, but it did drive very nice and had plenty of power. Ultimately, we both decided that the SRX was a better car at a better price for us. Time will tell if we have any issues or problems with it and we may go the same route. I have owned an Acura, a Honda and a Toyota in the past without any problems or major issues, so I may be setting the bar pretty high for the Cadillac based on the feedback on this forum, but only time will tell. However, if I start having any major problems, I too will trade it in and switch to another make/model.

Since the OP is trading his 3 year old car with 24K miles, somewhat explains why the resale values on the SRX are so much lower than Lexus and Acura.

·
Registered
None
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those who say don't blame GM for the battery, I say it's never happened to me on any vehicle I've owned, and I've owned plenty. 2 1/2 years and completely dead is bad. I forgot to mention the steering noise/rubbing which was fixed under warranty. I agree that the SRX has the RX beat on looks, but there will always be compromises.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
I will take reliability over looks any day. I don't want a car that I'm always paranoid that something is going to break every time I get in it. When I get a new job, my SRX is history and I'm "Movin On" as well.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I will take reliability over looks any day. I don't want a car that I'm always paranoid that something is going to break every time I get in it. When I get a new job, my SRX is history and I'm "Movin On" as well.
Our SRX has been OK. We are still fighting GM about our popping wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

K

·
0 Posts
I've owned several Saabs over the years, and they're famous for eating batteries because of high temps in the engine compartment. I never get more than two years out of one. Had a Taurus also with a factory battery that failed in the first two years.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium, Red
158 Posts
I do have to weigh in on the battery issue. My 2012 has had 3 already. Obviously something wrong with the batteries Cadillac is getting. Can't complain, as the warranty has covered it every time. Still, a bit annoying.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I do have to weigh in on the battery issue. My 2012 has had 3 already. Obviously something wrong with the batteries Cadillac is getting. Can't complain, as the warranty has covered it every time. Still, a bit annoying.
I'd say there is something wrong with your SRX. Something is draining it.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
We had a 2010 since 2010 through 2014 and the battery has never given us any trouble. It was still cranking fine at 12.6V until it was traded in for a 2014.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts