Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that a pretty important character on "Veronica Mars" is her green 1995ish Chrysler Lebaron convertible. There's scenes where its broken down, she's stuffed in the trunk, or picking people up which lead to key plot movements. Its perfectly detailed and rust-free in every scene, which seems a bit unrealistic.





There's also the Sebring convertible in The Office, when Dwight insists on raising the top so he and Michael can be seen, or when Michael tells the temp that his Sebring is a business investment for impressing clients.

http://entertainment.myway.com/celebgossip/tvginsider/id/10_04_2005_1.html






There's also that Dodge on Married With Children, or the old Benz on Arrested Development.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Movies and tv shows that play a huge role in the series/movie? I can list a few:

The Dukes of Hazzard- "The General Lee" (1969 Orange Dodge Charger)
Bullitt- (1968 Green Ford Mustang GT)
Gone in 60 Seconds- "Eleanor" (1967 Black/Silver Shelby GT500)
Smokey and the Bandit- (1977 Black Pontiac Trans Am)
The Love Bug- "Herbie" (1963 White Volkswagen Beetle)
Starsky and Hutch (1974 Red/White Ford Gran Torino)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
Rockford files - Gold Pontiac Firebird
Columbo - some beater Peugeot conv.
Mr. Bean - Mini
Magnum PI - Ferrari 308
Miami Vice - 1st season Corvette based Ferrari Daytona replica, 2nd + season Ferrari Testarossa
Vegas - '57 T-Bird
The Munsters - Munster mobile and Dragula
Batman (the series) - Batmobile
Get Smart - Sunbeam Alpine and VW Karman Ghia
The Saint - Volvo P1800
Hardcastle and McCormick - Manta Montage kit car
Patridge Family - School bus
Sanford and Son - '52 Ford truck
The A-Team - Chevy Van
The Monkees - Monkeemobile
Nash Bridges - 'Cuda
Green Hornet - Black Beauty

Ok, that's all the TV car's I can remember...

Ohh... the short lived Viper series, starring a Viper. I got the poster, sure to be a collectable!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Cobra - 50 Mercury
American Graffiti - name it
Hollywood Knights - name it
Christine - Chrysler
Italian Job - Minis
The Bond Series
Fast and the Furious - GTO and the ricers
XXX - GTO and the Vette
Corvette Summer - Corvette
Cannonball Run(s)
Tin Men - cadillac


Simon and Simon - Camaro, Dodge Power Ram
A-Team - Camaro, Van
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,333 Posts
SpeedyArizona said:
Bullitt- (1968 Green Ford Mustang GT)
Ahem...you neglected to mention the bad guys' black '68 Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum. According to the stories written about what I still think is the best ever movie car chase, the Charger could run away and hide from the Mustang.

Kudos to HotRodSaint for mentioning Jim Rockford's gold Firebird. Lots of good car chases on that show, too.

Here's a few others:

Back to the Future—"You mean to tell me that you made a time machine...out of a Delorean?!"
Sideways—Saab convertible
Moonlighting—Maddie Hays' BMW 6 Series
Duel—Dennis Weaver's red Plymouth Valiant
Northern Exposure—Maurice Minnefield's '60 Cadillac Eldorado
Speed Racer—the Mach 5
Bewitched—Derwood, er, Darrin, always drove a new Chevy (Chevrolet sponsored Bewitched)
I Dream of Jeannie—Major Nelson always drove a new Pontiac (including a sweet '67 GTO convertible)
I Love Lucy—the 55 Pontiac Star Chief convertible Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel drove to Hollywood. In one of the first instances of product placement, GM paid Desilu $50,000 to cover the costs of shooting location footage featuring the Pontiac during the cross country trip. And just to show how much useless trivia I know, before they got the Pontiac, Fred bought a clunker 1920s-era Cadillac touring car for $300.

That's all for now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
I was going to mention Rockford's Firebird, my mom always used to watch that show.

I was also gonna say the A-Team's van.

How about Conan OBrien's 92 Taurus SHO (the emerald monster.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
gdwriter said:
Ahem...you neglected to mention the bad guys' black '68 Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum. According to the stories written about what I still think is the best ever movie car chase, the Charger could run away and hide from the Mustang.

Kudos to HotRodSaint for mentioning Jim Rockford's gold Firebird. Lots of good car chases on that show, too.

Here's a few others:

Back to the Future—"You mean to tell me that you made a time machine...out of a Delorean?!"
Sideways—Saab convertible
Moonlighting—Maddie Hays' BMW 6 Series
Duel—Dennis Weaver's red Plymouth Valiant
Northern Exposure—Maurice Minnefield's '60 Cadillac Eldorado
Speed Racer—the Mach 5
Bewitched—Derwood, er, Darrin, always drove a new Chevy (Chevrolet sponsored Bewitched)
I Dream of Jeannie—Major Nelson always drove a new Pontiac (including a sweet '67 GTO convertible)
I Love Lucy—the 55 Pontiac Star Chief convertible Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel drove to Hollywood. In one of the first instances of product placement, GM paid Desilu $50,000 to cover the costs of shooting location footage featuring the Pontiac during the cross country trip. And just to show how much useless trivia I know, before they got the Pontiac, Fred bought a clunker 1920s-era Cadillac touring car for $300.

That's all for now.
Since you are a fellow Bullitt fan, I thought you might be interested in this thread from Nov 2004...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25439

If you have any more comments about Bullitt, feel free to post them on that thread. I am interested in any more info you have about McQueen and the movie. Thanks for the previous link, it is very interesting reading.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Movies
Of my favorite car movies - "No Man's Land" Charlie Sheen undercover cop works in Porsche chop shop.
Cruel Intentions - Jaguar vs. Sara Michelle Gellar wager
Days of Thunder - love the rental car race
Better off Dead - 1st Gen Camaro
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Joy riding in Dad's Ferrari
Dazed and Confused - a beautiful 2nd gen Trans Am
Ronin - very nice chase scene in a sweet Audi (shhhh)
Blues Brothers - 1974 Dodge (gotta be the top 10 chase scences of all time, before there was CG)
Wraith - terrible movie, cool cars for their time. Watch it with the volume down. Supercharged Firebird, Dodge interceptor concept car and others
Born to Run - An updated version of Wraith (without the Aliens)
Vanishing Point - Challenger R/T (beautiful)
Cobra - Modified Chevy (how could they wreck that car?)
Mad Max - Ford Falcon (a true classic)

Can't forget the TV shows:
Route 66 - uh duh
Banacek - Modified AMC AMX
Spencer for Hire - mustang
Charlie's Angels - Pinto based Mustang II Cobra (what was Ford thinking?)
Ok all for now.....LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,333 Posts
Slywun said:
Blues Brothers - 1974 Dodge
Damn, how could I forget the Bluesmobile?

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic inch plant. It's got cop brakes, cop tires, cop shocks. It was built before catalytic converters, so it'll run on regular gas."

--Elwood Blues
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Slywun said:
Wraith - terrible movie, cool cars for their time. Watch it with the volume down. Supercharged Firebird, Dodge interceptor concept car and others
OMG that movie was frickin horrible.



That 70s Show - The Vista Cruiser (so you can... cruise the vistas.) And Hyde's El Camino, well it wasn't a big part of the show but still... "Jackie, that's an El Camino. That's Spanish for the Camino!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,237 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Knight Rider? Haha how could we forget ol' KITT?
I forgot a few more TV car's besides KITT...

Beverly Hillbillies - '32 Ford Jalapoy
The Bugalloo's - Wonderbug
Banana Splits - Banana Buggy

And since the mention of Speedracer's Mach 5 has now introduced us to famous cartoon cars...

Speedbuggy - Speedbuggy
The Wacky Races - Boulder mobile, Creepy coupe, Compact *****cat, Turbo Terrific and Dick Dastardly's Mean Machine!!
Tom Slick - Don't remember his car's name, and I can't find it on fast Google
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
Fast and the Furious - GTO and the ricers
It was a 70 charger...no GTO. And in the original Gone in 60 secs it was a 73(i think?) yellow Stang. Oh and lets not forget the van in old school! That was a sweet van...oh and the "red dragon" Trans am! Oh and the Prowler in VIP. All the sweet cars in dazed and confused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Beverly Hillbillies - '32 Ford Jalapoy
Tom Slick - Don't remember his car's name, and I can't find it on fast Google
Beverly Hillbillies "truck" was an Oldsmobile, not a Ford.
Tom Slick drove THE GREASE-SLAPPER SPECIAL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
I've heard about this show called "Cannon" It was about a PI that drove around in a '72 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. That show was out long before i was born.

-French Connection- 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III
-Gone In 60 Seconds 1974, There was a '71 Eldorado hardtop that they found with a bunch of heroin in the trunk, so they torched the car
-Gone In 60 Seconds-1999, Do any of you guys remember the detective coming into the shop and looking at that '83 Eldorado?
-Ronin- There was that sweet car chase between that Audi A8, That AWESOME Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9 (awesome reverse burnout) and that Citroen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,333 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
I've heard about this show called "Cannon" It was about a PI that drove around in a '72 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. That show was out long before i was born.

-French Connection- 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III
I remember "Cannon" and the Mark IV. It was in a few car chases if I recall. In "The French Connection," Gene Hackman chases the train in a '71 Pontiac LeMans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,087 Posts
oh man I would love to see a Mark IV in a car chase!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
HotRodSaint
Top