Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Agree with most everything they said......my only variance is that i don't have a problem with CUE or the "haptic" touch stuff.....works fine for me.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Credit the very high 1st gear ratio in moving the escalade from zero. The sudden drop of 2nd gear will cause a "clunk" if you suddenly decide you don't want to accelerate fast. But if you stomp the gas pedal without reservation, there is no "clunk." The gearing of the escalade's tranny was designed in a race track hence the 5.9 sec 0-60 numbers.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
So it's a big test SUV. Did they declare the escalade platinum the motortrend truck of the year based on this instrumented comparison test? Proud owner of the 2015i escalade platinum. They rated towing at 8100 lbs but at least the label near the tow hitch says. 1000 lbs tongue weight and 10,000 lbs tow rating!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (gone, but not forgotten)
145 Posts
Awesome news!! JDN knows he has a monster hit with the Escalade (as has been discussed ad nauseam here and elsewhere) and GM seems intent on continuing to make this rig better and better. CUE upgrades for 2016 will help a lot. I'm betting MY2017 is when we start to see more differentiation for Platinum and more moves upwards. No reason GL63AMG and RR Supercharged can't get a supercharged/Z06ified Escalade :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts