·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MT got a 4.6 0-60 and 13.2 in the 1/4. Thats a pretty fast Cadillac

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Wow! That IS very impressive! And I bet people who drive the car every day will manage even better numbers.. And then imagine with mods? How much is this car going to cost? And when will it be sold?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Guys looks like my source was off a bit. MT is using an estimate of 4.7 0-60. However, C & D actually tested the car and got that 4.7, so that looks to be the number. Other than that, both articles pointed out how they loved the car, brakes, etc. But of course they both didnt like the interior. Positive reviews overall though

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Brett said:
Sorry Guys looks like my source was off a bit. MT is using an estimate of 4.7 0-60. However, C & D actually tested the car and got that 4.7, so that looks to be the number. Other than that, both articles pointed out how they loved the car, brakes, etc. But of course they both didnt like the interior. Positive reviews overall though
4.6/4.7 - close enough.. Besides, the people who drive and race these cars every day will eventually get slightly better numbers... I'm not surprised about the interior though.. I bet it's cold and hard.. It better not be like a Volkswagon Bug inside... Cold and hard...

·
Registered
2015 CTS Vsport
158 Posts
Katshot said:
Vette territory? I think that's FASTER than they got out of the Vette.
Faster than a stock Vette, but not the Corvette Z-06 which shares the same engine/drivetrain. All things being equal, the CTS-V gives up 700 lbs to the Vette, so this is understandable. Still, a 4.7 sec 0-60 launch time for this car is nothing short of incredible.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Katshot said:
Vette territory? I think that's FASTER than they got out of the Vette.
Depending on who's driving, it's slightly faster than a stock Vette and/or slightly slower than a stock Vette. Either way, it's still Corvette "territory" - unless we want to unofficially determine how many tenths of a second is considered "territory" here at CadillacForums.com...

Welcome aboard, SevenFeet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
those are all manufacturer's claim. no one has done a true test yet. i hope the V can do the quarter in under 13. that would be quite impressive.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ibismojo said:
those are all manufacturer's claim. no one has done a true test yet. i hope the V can do the quarter in under 13. that would be quite impressive.
You Know, i went back and reread the C & D article, and you're right. I would have sworn they actually tested it. I guess I'm just a fountain of misinformation on this thread. Well hopefully I can find the first real test and redeem myself :)

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
I read most of the mainstream enthusiast magazines, and to the best of my knowledge there have been two "First Drive" type reports but no formal testing as of yet. I do definitely remember reading, though, that when the car was being tested (for Cadillac, not the mags) on the Nurburgring the lap times were better than both the M3 and M5.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
the Sandman said:
I read most of the mainstream enthusiast magazines, and to the best of my knowledge there have been two "First Drive" type reports but no formal testing as of yet. I do definitely remember reading, though, that when the car was being tested (for Cadillac, not the mags) on the Nurburgring the lap times were better than both the M3 and M5.
I need to research the magazine I read (I wasn't really in a sharing mood this week).

But using the Ring, they liked the way the CTS handled better than the Audi RS6 and Jaguar S-type R. They still prefered the M3 and M5, but not after factoring in size and cost. CTS-V as large as the M5 and 12,000 cheaper than the M5.

Lets hope that Cadillac resale values prevail so I can buy a '04 one in '06 for 30,000! :D

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
I need to research the magazine I read (I wasn't really in a sharing mood this week).

But using the Ring, they liked the way the CTS handled better than the Audi RS6 and Jaguar S-type R. They still prefered the M3 and M5, but not after factoring in size and cost. CTS-V as large as the M5 and 12,000 cheaper than the M5.

Lets hope that Cadillac resale values prevail so I can buy a '04 one in '06 for 30,000! :D
That's some pretty fast company. Where is the article? - I'd like to see it, or hear more about it.:burn:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
No sense in comparing it to the M5 and bragging about it. The current M5 is old tech and about to be replaced. Instead of worrying about playing catch-up, we should be happy that a Cadillac can even be thought of being a M-series competitor and cross our fingers that it's all not just a bunch of pre-launch hype.
I look forward to some side by side comparos after the car hits dealerships.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Katshot said:
No sense in comparing it to the M5 and bragging about it. The current M5 is old tech and about to be replaced. Instead of worrying about playing catch-up, we should be happy that a Cadillac can even be thought of being a M-series competitor and cross our fingers that it's all not just a bunch of pre-launch hype.
I look forward to some side by side comparos after the car hits dealerships.
True, but the current M3 is fairly new and pretty impressive (a friend of mine has one). They are comparing the CTS-V to many awesome cars, and not just "old tech" ones. The current M5 was a benchmark vehicle and is not inappropriate for comparison. At the moment, comparing the CTS-V to the upcoming M5 is not possible. By the time the V10 M5/M6 is out, the CTS-V could have 500 horsepower!

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
the Sandman said:
True, but the current M3 is fairly new and pretty impressive (a friend of mine has one). They are comparing the CTS-V to many awesome cars, and not just "old tech" ones. The current M5 was a benchmark vehicle and is not inappropriate for comparison. At the moment, comparing the CTS-V to the upcoming M5 is not possible. By the time the V10 M5/M6 are out, the CTS-V could have 500 horsepower!
They are comparing an '04 car to other '04 cars, since this is what is currently available to consumers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts