Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0708_cadillac_srx/
links to a Motor Trend article about the 2011 SRX. It refers to the 2011 SRX getting the new V6. I can't imagine waiting until the 2011 MY to add an engine now available on the 2008 STS and available this fall with the 2008 CTS.

If the SRX is not discontinued, that would mean a run from MY 2004-2010 with the current platform.

·
Registered
'04 SRX V8 AWD
75 Posts
They seem to be suggesting BMW X3 size, that's quite a bit smaller. Also based on the Epsilon platform (Malibu), with a transverse mount engine. Sounds front wheel drive biased to me, no good.

·
Registered
2005 SRX n* lx/perf
99 Posts
Back end is round. I bought a Cadillac because I don't like round. I could have had a Lexus RH400 hybrid for the same price but can't stand the rear end. Also don't need a smaller vehicle. Looks like my 2005 might be my last SRX.

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
It escapes me why they are not keeping the larger SRX. It seems to me like a perfect X5/ML/FX fighter, and I like it much more than those two though I just do need such a car... Given exceptionally positive reviews and customer satisfaction they would just need to update it with the revamped Sigma II that's under the CTS 2008. It's a shame if they scramble it, they should sell both the larger and the smaller crossovers, like all others do.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8
123 Posts
Additionally, with current market trends moving towards cross-overs, why not have two? I would buy one more in the final model year, but than have to go to BMW or Mercedes for my next car. I wouldn't want too, but I want a RWD-based cross-over.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Looks good to me. It carries over a lot of the current styling. The side looks a little too jelly bean, though. By going to a transverse layout, they can push the greenhouse forward and have nearly the same interior space in a shorter vehicle. However, the handling may suffer. It will be interesting to see what GM does.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
I think they will use the ACADIA platform like buick did with ENCLAVE.

The ESCALADE,YUKON and TAHO are the same platform. So with GM needing to save money why wouldnt they . Those pics almost look like SATURN OUTLOOK /BUIC ENCLAVE.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Looks too bubbly for me. I too think an Enclave variant would be a good idea. Trust me, GM knows how to differentiate better now. The differences between a new Tahoe and a new Escalade are quite noticeable when driving. Admittedly, at first blush, they look and seem similar. I recently drove both and got the Esacalde. GM should do the same thing with the Enclave. Most importantly, offer a V8 option in the SRX variant. The Outlook/Enclave/Arcadia platform is great. Add some classic Cadillac features, power, and style, and GM would have a winner.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
If they wanted it to be smaller and platform shared for production-cost reasons, it would be better as a CTS wagon than a FWD architecture shared with lesser GM brands.

I also do not see what is wrong with the current SRX demographic (being a tall-wagon STS or X5 competitor). It's one of the most awarded of the new Caddy designs (even if sales were a bit slow) and it is very competitive as it exists now.

What gives me hope is that the above is just a magazine rumor/concept sketch and not an official GM press release. Auto-mag speculation this far out from a release date is hardly ever accurate. Also notice the front grill's resemblance to the current Cadillac design philosophy. By 2011, most if not all, Cadillacs will share the the new front design elements seen on the 2008 CTS and STS.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yea, I wouldnt put any stock in those speculations at all. Well actually let me change that... I would absolutely put stock in them, however the SRX will become the BRX (i.e. the smaller one you see there), and Leigh, not to worry, a CTS Wagon variant is definitely one of the plans Cadillac has discussed repeatedly.

Having all three of those PLUS the escalade though would be a few too many cooks in the kitchen... the SRX is definitely going to be squeezed out unless a miracle can save it.

·
Registered
'04 SRX V8 AWD
75 Posts
I would be shocked if Cadillac did not offer a vehicle on the same platform as the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook. If not same platform, at least a simlar size. Large but not supersize SUVs are a hit segment right now, I can't see them pulling out.

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD V8
204 Posts
As everyone probably knows, my next ride will be a BMW X6.

IF the style turns our right, has AWD, and a V8.

After being fleeced by a bad cadillac dealer treating me like a second class citizen and the resale value being SO horrendous, I am choosing to take it to a higher power.

free maintenance for the first 50k miles, sound real nice~!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2009-bmw-x6-275675.php

·
Registered
2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC
875 Posts
Back end is round. I bought a Cadillac because I don't like round. I could have had a Lexus RH400 hybrid for the same price but can't stand the rear end. Also don't need a smaller vehicle. Looks like my 2005 might be my last SRX.
I agree, but do know that our likes are dislikes are what makes the world go around. Too me the Acadia is better looking than the Enclave but who would know by trying to determine what the Enclave looks like on the Buick site (have not seen one in person). In both cases I do not like all the shiny stuff around the tail lights, on the front end etc. jmtcw.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Too me the Acadia is better looking than the Enclave
I agree with that. Looks wise: GMC, Saturn, then Buick - in that order. I only used the Enclave in my post because presently it is the most "luxurious" of the three. Caddy would need to "one up" the standard features on the Enclave and add a v8.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts