Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (99k miles)
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,482 Posts
Good info!

Too late for me though. I just received 6 qts of Amazon basics full syn 5w30. $21 w. free shipping. It's comparable to M1 and the other full synthetic oils.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,086 Posts
Costco is included here. I believe they are currently having a sale, too. Thanks, azianbob. Can I use your address also, lol?

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,199 Posts
finally Mobil has their rebate's for Mobil 1...I had such a difficult time getting my rebate from Citgo that I won't be buying their branded product again (for an F150 truck)...

I've not had any issue getting rebates after getting the sale (instant rebate) at Costco over the last 2 years...

Thanks azianbob

Bill

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,086 Posts
Citgo - owned by the Venezuelan government. I won't even buy their gas if I need it.

Reactions: basscatt

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I agree and haven't since Hugo Chavez took it over back when but they have their business in the USA and they supply petroleum products to many store brand oils (like Farm and Fleet)...

Having used Farm and Fleet brand full synthetic in the past before knowing it was a Citgo produced product and having good luck and good value for some older vehicles I maintain where the full synthetic exceeds the requirement but I can get the product for far less (usually with a rebate) than the recommended Dino or blended oil while meeting the manufacturer spec I tried the Citgo full synthetic SuperGard for $1.50 a quart...it has been given high marks at Bobistheoilguy.com

Bill

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
So, you're pimping for Venezuela, lol!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
so you don't think the US arm deserves any support...are they all pimping for Venezuela too???... :coffee:...

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
No. Nothing for anything/anyone connected with Citgo. All the petroleum for the U.S. arm is directly from the government of Venezuela. They benefit more that the U.S. does. It props up their repressive regime.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Costco is not currently offering the instant rebate, at least in my area. I guess I will wait until they do. The Mobil 1 rebate should be good until 9/30 so hopefully they have a sale before then.

$38 for a 6 pack - $10 instant Costco rebate - $12 Mobil rebate = $16 a case = $2.67 a quart.

Pennzoil was $22.68 a jug - $10 rebate = $12.68 = $2.54 a quart.

Some guy found mobil 1 quarts on clearance for like $3 each, so bought 5 and with the $12 rebate, is ending up paying $0.60 a quart.

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Costco is not currently offering the instant rebate, at least in my area. I guess I will wait until they do. The Mobil 1 rebate should be good until 9/30 so hopefully they have a sale before then.
Interesting...I was going to copy and paste my Costco claim to show that they were, indeed, a provider. I went to the link you provided and now Costco is not on the list!

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,703 Posts
First of two Pennzoil synthetic rebates, good thru June 30, 2019. This one is $2 per quart. Can be submitted completely on-line. Only two submissions allowed. Each submission can be for one five quart jug or up to five quart bottles. I received my two $10 checks within 3 weeks. There is a long list of participating retailers in the link below. Note the list is in two parts; if you don't see your preferred source in the list, the last item opens another even longer list of retailers. If you are wondering, Walmart.com does work; just select Walmart. I wanted Ultra Platinum and most Walmart stores don't carry that so had to order on-line for free store pickup. Also no problem submitting a copy of the on-line order status page showing picked up in lieu of a receipt since Walmart does not provide a receipt per se with store pick-up orders. I've done that for several years now with this rebate.

https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions/do-it-yourself-oil-change/promotion-14.html#iframe=L2RpeS9TcHJpbmdNSVIxOS8

·
Super Moderator
6,703 Posts
Second of two Pennzoil (and other brand) synthetic oil rebates, good thru April 28, 2019. This one is Pep Boys only. The rebate is $15 per five quart jug of various Pennzoil (or various other brand) Synthetic oil - and $15 or $10 per five quart jug of various synthetic oils and Champion filter. There is a two jug limit for any particular brand/line of oil.

The rebate program includes a long list of items in addition to oil. There are five types of synthetic oil with a $15 rebate per jug and eight types with a $15 (or $10) rebate if purchased with a Champion oil filter. Curiously, they list the same oil for the same rebate amount with or without an oil filter.

If you are oil promiscuous or need various weights or types of synthetic oil (high mileage, etc.), you could end up with hundreds of dollars in rebates and a net cost of ~$3 per quart.

A submission can be done 100% on-line. All you enter are your name and address and a few numbers off the receipt(s). It made me a little nervous that it didn't want to know what rebate(s) I was asking for. Apparently they figure it out for you from the items on the receipt number(s) in their files. It only took a few days before the on-line status for my rebate showed I will be getting $30. What that was for is never mentioned but $30 was what I was expecting: $15 each for two five quart jugs of oil.

Interestingly, Pep Boys is listed as a participating dealer for the rebate in the previous post. If true, the Pep Boy purchased Pennzoil oil would end up being virtually free. But both say: can not be used with any other promotion.

Link to rebate form, on-line submission and status: https://pepboysrebates.rewardpromo.com/#/home/landing

·
Super Moderator
6,703 Posts
Updated previous post with my experience with the rebate submission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found the GasBuddy app review somewhere around here and I should say it's completely awesome for saving money on gas and oil. You can save up to 300 bucks per year. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Advance Auto Parts is selling the Rotella Synthetic motor oil for $10.49 (5 quart) and $2.49 (single quart). This is before any rebates.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,738 Posts
Wow $10.49 for a 5 quart? Hmmm....

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,482 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts