Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the motor mounts are located? I have a 05 cts NOT a v and I am doing a engine swap because it would be easier than getting it in top dead center and finding a pin or whatever it is called for the timing chain on the crankshaft for the drive shaft sprocket.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,366 Posts
What you posted makes absolutely no sense. Motor mounts have nothing - nothing - to do with TDC and mechanical cam timing procedures.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
Does anyone know where the motor mounts are located?
Ummm... between the engine block and the front crossmember. But that seems like an obvious answer, so maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. If you can't find where the motor mounts are then maybe an engine swap isn't the best course of action for you!

I have a 05 cts NOT a v ...
Then the CTS-V forum was the wrong place to create your thread, since that's a completely different powertrain. I'll move your thread for you.

...and I am doing a engine swap because it would be easier than getting it in top dead center and finding a pin or whatever it is called for the timing chain on the crankshaft for the drive shaft sprocket.
What are you actually trying to accomplish? Perhaps your fellow CTS owners can help you accomplish that so you don't have to try to do an engine swap.

What you posted makes absolutely no sense. Motor mounts have nothing - nothing - to do with TDC and mechanical cam timing procedures.
That's not what he asked or said.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
695 Posts
If I understand correctly @Caddy Gang plans to replace the whole engine instead of just the chains, because getting the chains/sprockets lined up is difficult (?) If true, I would argue that changing the chains would be the preferable action...the chain job is not as easy as it was on the old Chevy V8s but still much easier than a complete engine swap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts