Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
Yeah, sorry, maybe this design can't do that. It used to be a problem on some Tremec T-5 trannys in cars with clutch-fork (non-hyndraulic) designs. Basically the throwout bearing rode on the input shaft housing, and if it got scored from the throwout bearing seizing it would create a depression on the input shaft housing that would hang up even with a new throwout bearing because the bearing cocked on the housing at high rpm. Same symptoms, but sounds like this design can't do that. I just had mine out two weeks ago, but I didn't really look too closely at the way the slave fit over the input shaft...

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, but I know what it looks like. I don't see how it could catch on the trans input shaft. I've had my new LS7 PP in for 6K miles and 3 hours of on-track time and still as good as new. I thought for sure it'd be done by now also. PM me if you want a hookup on a $1400 twin disc.
Judging buy the way you highlighted it I thought you didn't know what it looked liked. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
ctsv154, did you ever determine whether you need a new pressure plate or did continued work on the hydraulics fix it?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
To be honest I haven't even touched it yet. Still have the problem but once in a great while it wont do it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts