Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 2004 CTS-V.

Last time I took the car into local dealership and they gave me quotes on the following:

- PS return hose leak and rack boot?? leak. Lady said it's ok if I keep
topping up the fluid to skip this fix. Estimate $2,200 Cdn !!

- Cracked right tail lights. $700

I did not get either of the repairs done as I can find pieces for cheaper, and skip the PS fix.

Today I took the car in as it has front end noises and I told them it could be motor mount or bushings/suspensions. Estimates:

- Motor Mount ~$500 for parts (2) and >$600 for labour. Seriously can it be 5 or 6 hours of work?

- Tranny solenoid is leaking. Not quite sure where/what this is. She
said the transmission level and condition is fine. ~$700 P&L.

So, depending what the issue is with the suspension noise (they are still checking as I type this message) I am thinking I can do better on the rest of the fixes. The suspension I like to get fixed as I am driving out of town soon.
Motor mount I will do next but would find another shop and see what they charge.

Any opinions are welcomed.

P

·
0 Posts
Your PS is most likely fine, I'd clean off the buildup and look at it in a couple weeks. Are your motor leaking? If not, there is no need to have them replaced. How do they know there is a tranny solenoid leaking? Is it leaking on the outside? If so, remove it, apply some thread sealant and put it back on. It seems to me that you went in and told them you had bad motor mounts and they said "yup, thanks for the $1100".

·
Registered
06 Stealth Grey CTS-V
78 Posts
My front end noise was a combination of slight play in the wheel hubs, which were replaced under waranty, and worn swaybar bushing's, which I fixed myself. Dead quiet now.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
I'd try another stealership. This one sounds fishy. :suspect:

·
Registered
Cadillac
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They think the noise is from the control arms and ~$900 Cdn to get those replaced. So far from the 3 visits and 3 days it's been in the shop all I paid is inspection charges. Haven't fix anything cuz of the crazy estimates.

·
Registered
06 Stealth Grey CTS-V
78 Posts
Reach up under the front of the car and grap the sway bar. Try and move it around to see if t is lose in the bushings.

Where in Canada?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts