Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2005 CTS, Gone, given to dad!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hearing a clicking noise for a long time and I could never figure it out. It only happens when going over uneven pavement turning left but sometimes makes noise when going over bumps going straight or turning right. Sound is coming from the driver side. Based on searching here, I replaced front driver side upper control arm, driver side lower control arm, front sway bar bushings, front sway bar end links. Unfortunately it did not fix the problem. Lately its been getting worse so after closer inspection, the noise is coming from somewhere between the driver side fender and engine. Please see video below let me know what you think.

I realize in the video that I rev it higher going into drive than I did in reverse but should the engine move than much?

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2005 CTS, Gone, given to dad!
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about the trans mount but the last time I took my CTS in, the dealer said my diff bushing is worn out. I do hear it clunk back there when I change gears sometimes.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Replace the motor mounts then!

The other way to check is to open the hood and have someone look while you hold down the brake and hit the gas both in park and then reverse. Then you can see which side is bad, if not both mounts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
My 04 engine was jumping higher than yours, I ended up replacing both motor mounts, and the trans mount. I haven't put it through the tests yet, but it seems smoother. The trans moutn was in worse shape then the motor mounts. Neither mount had failed yet, but i doubt they would of lasted through the winter. The trans mount the rubber one torn on one side. who knows. For 200 in parts and 300 in labor I cant really complain, it was twice that to do the SRX

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2004 srx all wheel drive / four wheel? And i think i have a mount issue, lots of movement of the engine wen in park at idel , but the other simptom is wen at low rpm high gear i get a a pretty good vibration but if im super light on gas it willl smooth out and go away or if I accelerate alil harder it will also smooth out, the rest of the time its fine so I thought bolth those compinned could be a mount issue? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
841 Posts
Last year, my CTS had all the problems OP mentioned. Changed a lot of components and tightened up anything mechanic was able to find. Noise was still there during rides even on smooth roads. Then when temps went over 40 degrees, noise went away. Last month car started to misfire. Coil and plug replaced. Mechanic noticed worn mounts. Had them changed. Now car rides smoother than I can ever remember. I did not know what I was missing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts