Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 escalade 6.0 ltr. Has been cutting out after coming to a stop then start going again.almost feels like running out of fuel.hasnt completely stalled yet but has been close. Has plenty of power otherwise.no problems at any other speeds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a similar issue on 09 ESV. Mine only occurs after driving at highways speeds for 1.5 hours or more and then when I pull off the exit ramp and come to a stop, it feels like it wants to stall. It hasn't, but I'm almost fearful to drive it on the highway for long trips. It's going to get looked at on Tuesday. Mine actually triggered a CEL twice on the exact same trip 2 different times. It then went on on its own. Onstar said CEL was for TCC stuck "on". Not sure if that's causing my issues or not, but after doing a bunch of research it appears a solenoid could be causing some of my issues, but it also could be a myriad of other things. Funny thing is, I am getting better gas mileage now than I ever have. I guess I will find out Tuesday. This appears to be an all to common problem with the stalling.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
I have 2004 escalade 6.0 ltr. Has been cutting out after coming to a stop then start going again.almost feels like running out of fuel.hasnt completely stalled yet but has been close. Has plenty of power otherwise.no problems at any other speeds.
Throttle body could.be dirty causing the throttle plate to stick. Remove air tube and use throttle body cleaner.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Agreed, it sounds like it's time for an intake, injector and throttle body cleaning.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brought to garage.they said it's most likely a shifting syliniod. It seams tk happen when it goes to shift into second.cant really see why that would make more cut out like it was starving for fuel.said the part is about $50.gonna take it to cadillac see what they have to say about it.

12,778 Posts
Hello Daddydoane,

I'm glad to see you're going to take this issue to your local Cadillac dealership. Please reach out to us via PM with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership if you'd like us to provide an extra layer of customer assistance with your case.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Geoff G.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts