Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a bust ................. Offered to take Karen to pulled pork brunch at the local sports bar to watch the reruns of the Rangers/Capitals games, 1/2 price Guinness. What a deal !!! No go. Then I offered late afternoon snacks at Hooters. No go. So here I am, stuck in CF again with no one to talk to. (Someone just flipped a PBJ onto the table) I even bought her some fresh gas for the log splitter !

.............................:sneaky:

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
The best thing to do in these situations is to apologize.
Even when you have no idea what you did wrong.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
Submariner409 said:
What a bust ................. Offered to take Karen to pulled pork brunch at the local sports bar to watch the reruns of the Rangers/Capitals games, 1/2 price Guinness. What a deal !!! No go. Then I offered late afternoon snacks at Hooters. No go. So here I am, stuck in CF again with no one to talk to. (Someone just flipped a PBJ onto the table) I even bought her some fresh gas for the log splitter !
The best thing for you to do is start over and say I am sorry.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Not much gratitude considering she wouldn't even be a mother without you!

·
Administrator
68,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much gratitude considering she wouldn't even be a mother without you!
Not quite - Karen and I are both 'recycled' - between us we have 5 daughters.

One of the barflies at the local Legion recently asked her "Did he buy you any work gloves lately ?". She looked him in the eye and replied "I have a Northern Tool account - I buy my own damn work gloves, thank you !"

We have just polished off a most exceptional grilled ribeye steak dinner. Good ol' Weber.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Well that is the same thing mom and I did.
After work went over fired up the Weber and grilled some great Costco stakes.
Had some microwave Bob Evan's Cheesy hash browns bake and mixed veg steamer.
Quick and easy and no crowds!
Then stuck around and watched TV with her for a couple hours.

Tomorrow I take the neighbor's offer to purchase to our attorney.
Only a few more weeks in the old family home.
Closing on June 15th. That is the 44th anniversary of the day we moved in.
Bittersweet, but somehow fitting too.

·
Administrator
68,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know exactly how you feel. Dad bought the second and final family home when he came back from the Pacific in 1944. He died there, in their bedroom, in 2004 and Mom sold it in 2006 when she moved to assisted living - 62 years.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Jean is in Anchorage at grand kids graduations while I, Lee, and the dogs hold the fort here. She wil come home to find a new greenhouse so she can grow me some tomatoes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts