Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've been reading everyones post on washing and detailing. I'm quite suprised that no one has mentioned Mothers car wax. Has anyone here used it and been happy with it or is there a favorite wax that everyone else prefers. :confused:
So far I've seen that Meguiars and 3M seem to be pretty popular here.

Thx

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Mothers make some good products, as does Meguiar's and 3M, the problem is that most of these just do not last very long in terms of durablity, but they are easy to find at your local car care stores. If your looking for products that last a long time they look at synthetic products like Zaino and Klasse to name a few, these will outlast carnauba waxes 5 to 1 in durablity.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I'd rank Mothers and Meguiars about even. There's nothing magic about waxes. I like 3m because of its "pre-waxing" products.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are Zaino and Klasse products you can find in stores or is this something primarily found on the net.

Thx!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Budabear said:
Are Zaino and Klasse products you can find in stores or is this something primarily found on the net.

Thx!
Zaino can only be found on the intenet, and IM not sure about klasse.....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welll... I use Mother's on my wife's car and on my friends' cars when I detail them. The stuff is great, is easy to use, has a great end result and even smells good too...

BUT... I use Zaino on my own pride and joy though. :) No sense wasting the good stuff on non-enthusiasts. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use 20 or so Mothers products on my 95 STS. The clay bar to the 3 step wax and I baby the seals with protectant. Leather cleaner and protecter on the seats, Chrome and plastic polish ect. I LOVE this stuff. :coolgleam

·
Registered
247 Posts
Budabear said:
Hey Guys,

I've been reading everyones post on washing and detailing. I'm quite suprised that no one has mentioned Mothers car wax. Has anyone here used it and been happy with it or is there a favorite wax that everyone else prefers. :confused:

Thx
thats not totally true, I posted on another thread that i use mothers products to detail my STS...for example i use sealer and glaze for my car and california gold wax to top it off, i only use mothers products because its easy to apply and easy to remove...and it smells wonderful...and the end result is satisfying

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mikethegreeat said:
thats not totally true, I posted on another thread that i use mothers products to detail my STS...for example i use sealer and glaze for my car and california gold wax to top it off, i only use mothers products because its easy to apply and easy to remove...and it smells wonderful...and the end result is satisfying
Ok, you got me. In the couple of weeks I've been checking out this forum I will admit I haven't read every single thread. :worship:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have never been a fan of Mothers products....The Aluminum polish leaves a white haze that most other products that I've used don't. The wax is fair but not worth going out of your way for. I prefer 3-D polish for Aluminum, Wax Shops " SUPER GLAZE " on the paint and Nu-Vynil on the non leather interior stuff. Most of the leather conditioners that I've seen do the job well enough and I use the cheesey stuff ( Armor All / Formula 2001 ) on the tires and plastic bumper trim. But hey.....That's just me.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I've had pretty good results with the California Gold carnuba in the past. There is about a six month period up here where we cannot wax because it is too cold, so the new test will be the synthetic Prestone wax I applied a month ago. I am not driving in the wet salt, just when it is cold. Spring-time will be a different story! :crying: :crying2: :crying: :crying2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I presently use Turtle Wax but after reading all these board responses, I think I'll try something better on my STS. Thx for the idea fellas!

Falconeo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Budabear said:
Hey Guys,

Thx
Mothers does not last that long. try a product called "Glare" it is about the best I have ever used. I use it on my 02 Escalade and my '93 bright red eldo. It contains a product called Glassplexin. It beads forever, last long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
CadillacNick