·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rating: 5 Stars
Recommended: Yes
---
I bought and used Mothers Back-to-Black on my 1996 STS's rubber and plastic door and window trim and pillars. I had some oxidation and discoloration BEFORE I used Mothers Back-to-Black. AFTER using Back-to-Black, the trim was like new, literally. It restored the colors and conditioned the trim. Looks great and I'm happy with the product!
---

---
Taken from: http://www.mothers.com/products/
Direct URL: http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/specialprod.html
---
Back-to-Black®
As your ride’s exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors — bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that’s plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Really? I tried it on one of my '79's rub strips and wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...
I am assuming the rubber wasn't warm or exposed to sunlight?
Worked great for me.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Right, it was cool & in the shade. I put it on and it looked decent until it soaked in, it was like putting water on. I guess it's only good for 'light' jobs. I ended up removing the rub strips and painting them with semi-gloss black plactic fusion. Now they look like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts