Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my relay for my turn signals went out, but before replacing the relay I was checking the fuses to see if that was the problem. I decided that as long as I was looking for a fuse problem I might as well check the other fuses while I was at it. Now hardly any of my accessories are working...Here is a list of non working things.....windows, lighter, high beams, home link, interior lights, door buzzer, radio works but can't set time, buttons for the fuel door and trunk release won't work, I also noticed that my fuel gauge and climate control on the dash are blank too. I rechecked every fuse in the car, in the trunk, under the hood, and also the large body fuses...all are fine. The check air bag now comes on when you first start the car, and the dash cluster takes about 15 seconds after the key is turned to light up now. I also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours but nothing changed. What could have happened? Did I fry something just by checking fuses? Any ideas are greatly appreciated....

codes before problem: none
codes now:
b1552 keep alive memory
b1163 loss of serial data, no lamp rsponse
u1096 loss of communication with ipc
u1255 class 2 communication malfunction
p1610 loss of pzm serial data
p1605 loss of hvac data
p0603 control module long term memory reset

1999 cadillac deville

·
Registered
07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS
453 Posts
Don't panic as someone like the Ranger or others can direct you correctly on the main problems that you have. Most of your trouble codes are directly linked to the disconnection of the battery. I got a whole mess of the same codes when I merely did the same as you. It upset me for a while. Clear the codes and see what comes back, and by that time someone on the forum can help further on bugging out your problem. Do you have a factory manual? They are expensive, but mine had already paid for itself over and over. Good luck and see what codes come back and post those here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I did as MWA had suggested. I cleared all codes, and listed below are the ones that keep coming back. I tried it a couple of ways to make sure. 1st.... with the car running.... cleared all codes then scrolled back through, the codes that stayed are:

p1605 loss of hvac
p1610 loss of pzm serial data
u1255 class 2 communication malfunction

Then I turned car off, then just turned the ignition back on then this list of codes came up along with the already mentioned codes above.

b1552 keep alive memory
b1163 loss of serial data, no lamp response
u1096 loss of communication with ipc

Once again any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
453 Posts
Rudeinc, I contacted the Ranger and ask him to send in the cavalry. Should not be too long and he is the authority on all things Cadillac. Stand by. MWA (sometimes there is not much traffic on the Elec/Tech part of the forum) Did you check not only the fuses, but the battery for problems. When my 98 battery was in the process of shooting craps, all of these power related DTCs were displayed. My hidden battery problems did not show until it was load tested. Maybe a coincidence that it is occuring just after you worked on the relay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did check the battery, even though it's only about 3 months old. No corrison and the cables are all tight......I did talk to a friend on mine that owns a corvette specialty dealership, and he talked to his mechanic and he seems to think that it could be the body control module. I have to bring it over there on monday.....to be continued.....

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
I don't usually check this section because electrical is not my strong point. I checked it at MWA's request but I am at a loss. I think Logan would be your man in this department. Sorry I can't be of much help.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the response, Ranger.....your comments are always sage. Rudeinc, check with Logan as a recommendation by Ranger is completely valid. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts