Saw a video of a wip sedan, thought it was a forum members

Haha nvm, it was the part one of the video you linked to

Can barely hear the ****ing thing

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
157 Posts
Def gona do this to my AWD LFX wagon (daily) once my CTS-V coupe (weekend ride) is paid off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
The only thing I don't favor in the install demo is the drone coming from the muffler choice. Among my old Chevy HP magazines, there is an article on a performance build that used the term "Hush Power" in reference to some muffler comparisons if I recall correctly.

A daily driver has to be tolerable and I recall when I reached the point where my nice positively shifting performance built automatic became a nuisance as the 1-2 shift kick in the seat got old and eventually after years of exposure to performance exhaust systems, one in particular that had a similar drone to the one heard in the video, coupled with long drives, I decided I had enough of that to. Now I'll take the power and keep my mufflers. I sure would like to see some turbo builds though.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,035 Posts
I will be looking more into this myself once I have some more stuff paid off. With my AWD LFX Wagon setup it could make things interesting.

Probably a year or more away from doing this though. By then maybe they will have E85 figured out with the SC.

Rodney

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Def gona do this to my AWD LFX wagon (daily) once my CTS-V coupe (weekend ride) is paid off.

The AWD has no traction issues, just squats and goes which is nice! They have the stall converter for both AWD and 2wd that is a must IMHO.

The only thing I don't favor in the install demo is the drone coming from the muffler choice. Among my old Chevy HP magazines, there is an article on a performance build that used the term "Hush Power" in reference to some muffler comparisons if I recall correctly.

A daily driver has to be tolerable and I recall when I reached the point where my nice positively shifting performance built automatic became a nuisance as the 1-2 shift kick in the seat got old and eventually after years of exposure to performance exhaust systems, one in particular that had a similar drone to the one heard in the video, coupled with long drives, I decided I had enough of that to. Now I'll take the power and keep my mufflers. I sure would like to see some turbo builds though.
I would tend to agree. A nice quiet sleeper.

I will be looking more into this myself once I have some more stuff paid off. With my AWD LFX Wagon setup it could make things interesting.

Probably a year or more away from doing this though. By then maybe they will have E85 figured out with the SC.

Rodney
They have the E85 for the LFX engine, but not the LLT.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
157 Posts
The AWD has no traction issues, just squats and goes which is nice! They have the stall converter for both AWD and 2wd that is a must IMHO.

I would tend to agree. A nice quiet sleeper.

They have the E85 for the LFX engine, but not the LLT.
Thanks for the info...
Now I just gotta decide if I want to go SC or Turbo.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Thanks for the info...
Now I just gotta decide if I want to go SC or Turbo.

SC is less complicated and more compact. Turbo has a lot more flexibility regarding power producing potential with the ability to tailor performance through compressor and turbine housing combinations. You don't get noticeable turbo lag if any with an 11:1 compression ratio unless you go too far with the compressor and turbine housing size.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ahh so LFX works with E85? That might make it worth it then... ;) Just have to get the money to do it...

Rodney

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LLT is 11.3:1 CR and LFX is 11.5:1 and do well up to 14-16# of boost.

The 3.0 as well as the Ledford CTS is a 3.0.

Overkill is looking for new dealers to sell and install these if any shops are interested!

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
558 Posts
Andrews exhaust drone is due to there being no cats and no mufflers. I have a modified magnaflow on mine. Much quieter at cruising speeds. Have a couple more things I’m doing different to my wagon than other probably would. If I can find someone to install the converter at a reasonable price locally I will probably get one. Otherwise it’s going to have to wait until I have time to trailer it to Tracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Since they use ZZPerformance parts I wonder if they would be an interested dealer... They already do a bunch of stuff with older V's and ATS-V's.

They have someone that tunes and a Dyno...

Although I am not sure how you would be able to use a dyno with an AWD unless they have rollers for front and back.

Rodney

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
558 Posts
I’m going to take mine to a different dyno about an hour away. For red models though I have a friend with a mobile dynocom. He’s 10 minutes from my house and works from home so he’s flexible most of the time.

As far as I know there is nothing ZZP in the kit. At least nothing I received came from them. I personally have major issues with ZZP and wouldn’t trust them to change my oil let alone work on my car. I avoid them like AIDS and only use them as an absolute last resort for parts anymore. I know a lot of shops have egos but for them to be ok with employees insulting every setup that isn’t theirs is absurd. We have plenty of dyno numbers that show that they are flat out wrong on a lot of stuff but we don’t have a shop, we don’t have a cult following, so we “don’t know what we are doing” according to them. Although the cars in our group outperform zzp tuned cars and products on a regular basis.

I don’t trust them with my $800 redline ion, I sure as hell am not trusting them with my wagon.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Just an option for a shop... You don't have to go there...

And when someone else was showing their install it looked like they were using some components from them. Dunno.

Like I said, I have had no issues with them and they were very helpful for me and a coworker that have gone there.

But then again there are a number of performance shops in my area and a number of race tracks around here. 5 that I know of off the top of my head within 30 minutes of me. I can likely do the install myself and find a 4wd Dyno or just run logs and go to the strip to tune the car.

Rodney

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
558 Posts
It was probably a pic of my install where I was using a zzp coupler because I was doing layout of the AWD setup for Will. It’s all I had laying around for mock up. It has since been removed and replaced with better product.

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
Any dry pavement run vids anywhere?

What are people using to watch live data/boost/AFR? Super interested in the SC kit, and just thinking through other details.

·
Registered
2010 cts wagon 3.6 awd
558 Posts
Live data I track on HP tuner, I have a wideband that plugs into the OBD2 port and imports in. I don’t have a way to import boost because the LLT doesn’t have a MAP sensor. Still haven’t put my boost gauge in yet because I’m not sure if I want to permanently mount it. I don’t have any vids yet because as soon as we finished tuning it with the stage 2 I tore it back apart to do a stage 3 of sorts. Playing with the hpfp now and waiting on a couple parts to come in. We are also adding a smaller supercharger pulley and using a wastegate to vent excess boost. We should be able to get 10lbs of boost at 3800 RPM’s now instead of 6000. Parts are supposed to be here in the next few days. Hope to have it back together next weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts