Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1992 Sedan Deville
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, so I just got back for a lengthy drive up to the sierras (approx 400 miles each way) and I have to say I am so unsatisfied with the ride I have. I have taken into numerous shops for this , to which the only answer I get is that my suspension is a-ok. Grrr! I know something must be up with it though. Even on smooth new pavement , the car was vibrating and bouncy, feeling every lil ripple in the road (even ones that werent visible!). I can only guess that the one thing they cant visually test are the shocks. The car has almost 75000 miles so would anyone here say maybe they are due? Also I fiqured since its in there, If I were to replace all the tie-rods, the car's steering would be alot tighter too, correct? Also does anyone notice if there eldo has alot of "freeway grab" which causes the car to feel like its all over the road? The dealership told me there is nothing to do about that and I know some stretches of freeway you cant help that but mine seems to do it alot! Everyting else on the car is great but the ride seems really sloppy compared to what I have read about from other owners of an ETC. Any suggestions on components to look at and test myself to find out if my dealership is missing something? Is there a test for the struts to see if they are working? In need of advice

Daveman

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
For sensitivity to little bumps and ridges, the first thing to check is tire pressures. Set them to the specs on the door post tag. Do you have aftermarket wheels and tires?

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1992 Sedan Deville
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the stock 7 spoke 16 in wheels and i have michelin 225/60r16 mpev plus or something like that. The air pressure is exactly what the door recommends too .

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
1. Rebalance tires.
2. I suspect that shocks that old are at least weak. You and an honest mechanic can push down on them and make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts