Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
393 Posts
Why the Blackwing? LT4 is still a great option. Seeing as both TT options for the other V models are the traditionally outward mounted turbos and not the HOT V style, its a bit of wishful thinking, no?

·
Registered
none
267 Posts
The LT4 is so yesterday. Now it is TT and smaller displacement for better emissions and fuel economy and more hp as a byproduct. Add an electric motor or 2 on the front and away you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA yesterday, today, or tomorrow!...the LT4 is one of the best engines GM ever produced...I have 2 of them and would gladly give you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is on that statement my friend. They do well in a drag race, a roll race, on the track, canyon carving, and daily driving. GM has not yet perfected the small displacement TT thing quite yet....I'll give them a few more years before I jump into a V6 TT or an I4 TT car from GM. That being said I know someone is going to jump on the GNX band wagon here but remember the GNX was a joint venture with Bruce McLaren, and GM all but abandoned the V6 turbo platforms after the Cyclone and Typhoons...so they were either too far ahead of their time or this is just a rerun of what happened in the late 80's. Either way I still love my V8 supercharged LT4's. Have a great day Gents!

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
546 Posts
So much incorrect information early on concerning CT4-V/CT5-V power plant offerings. Everyone should know by now:

CT4-V (the lesser) -a 2.7L Turbo 4-banger derived from the GM truck engine.

CT4 -V Blackwing - using the LF4 TT 3.6L engine from the previous ATS-V car, but most likely 'upgraded' with Stop/Start and cylinder deactivation technologies. Seriously an incredible engine, just fuel and boost limited due to fuel pumps/injectors & a smallish turbos.

CT-5V (the lesser) - a 3L Twin Turbo which has descent HP and torque. A shame that the 3.6L LF4 wasn't used in this application, but given taxation rules in the EU, perhaps GM aims at trying to sell the car in Europe, and keeping the displacement at/under 3L helps with the taxation costs.

CT-5V Blackwing - 6.2L V8 Supercharged from previous CTS-V, though probably with start/stop and cylinder deactivation technology. Word on the street is that GM/Caddy will offer a manual tranny (like they did in series II V's). Outstanding!!

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport Premium /04 SLS LD8/ 06 STS-V LC3/14 Chevy SS/ 08 Dodge Magnum RT
77 Posts
So much incorrect information early on concerning CT4-V/CT5-V power plant offerings. Everyone should know by now:

CT4-V (the lesser) -a 2.7L Turbo 4-banger derived from the GM truck engine.

CT4 -V Blackwing - using the LF4 TT 3.6L engine from the previous ATS-V car, but most likely 'upgraded' with Stop/Start and cylinder deactivation technologies. Seriously an incredible engine, just fuel and boost limited due to fuel pumps/injectors & a smallish turbos.

CT-5V (the lesser) - a 3L Twin Turbo which has descent HP and torque. A shame that the 3.6L LF4 wasn't used in this application, but given taxation rules in the EU, perhaps GM aims at trying to sell the car in Europe, and keeping the displacement at/under 3L helps with the taxation costs.

CT-5V Blackwing - 6.2L V8 Supercharged from previous CTS-V, though probably with start/stop and cylinder deactivation technology. Word on the street is that GM/Caddy will offer a manual tranny (like they did in series II V's). Outstanding!!
Great information. I am looking forward to testing these two performance sedans when I can, hopefully early next year. I am thinking that enthusiasts will want to shut off the Start/Stop tech and probably don't really care for the cylinder deactivation either.

I was going back and forth between these models and it will ultimately come down to the test drives. I do not really need the extra space of the CT5, since its usually just me and my wife. If I do need space for more I plan to just switch to another vehicle of mine. And I may only do one trip per year now to a track, so the CT4 Blackwing will do just fine. So I choose if I do the 1/4 mile in around 11.5 seconds or around 12 seconds.

I am mostly into spirited road trips and either will be great for that. I do like the idea of a new reconfigurable dash for both these sedans, as I love the one in my V-Sport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts