Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts on the subject and didn't quite find one that fits my situation. The car is a 94 SLS Seville. All of the digital displays don't work at all. No C, Ds or anything. I am not sure if they don't have power to them or if maybe the BCM is bad as most talk about. I also don't know where the BCM is located to even unplug it as to rest it. I would really appreciate any comments.

Best Regards,

Bill

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Nothing? Check all of your fuse blocks. I'm not sure what else is common (besides the computer) to all of the displays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
drillman said:
I read all the posts on the subject and didn't quite find one that fits my situation. The car is a 94 SLS Seville. All of the digital displays don't work at all. No C, Ds or anything. I am not sure if they don't have power to them or if maybe the BCM is bad as most talk about. I also don't know where the BCM is located to even unplug it as to rest it. I would really appreciate any comments.

Best Regards,

Bill
Body control module is in the trunk behind the rear seat on the pass side, the rear fuse block is also in the trunk behind the driver side. Pull down the carpet, and unbolt the black plastic panel (4 or 5 bolts) up against the rear seat and that will expose the bcm. I think it is the aluminum box. They are 295.00 at the dealer or less via a remanufacturer. I would pay the dealer 80 bucks to troubleshoot it and then replace the bad boy yourself.

Castronova

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you much for your help. I didn't have time enough yet to fully analyze it. However your suggestions will be my first agenda. Much appreciation!

Bill Denning

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
In the trunk? The silver box in the trunk is the Bosch ABS controller.

The IPC/cluster IS the body computer.

Logan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts