Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from everything we currently have, what other engine mods/upgrades are available that no one has done yet?

·
Registered
2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT
382 Posts
I talked to Allen from chrf and he said he used to have a sts-v but has since sold it. I should check back if he's got some goodies that might carry over from his normal 1500 horse northstar builds.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac
1,905 Posts
No one has done cams or ported heads yet. I never pursued it due to the incredibly small amount of potential customers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Being I have a ticking noise from a follower on the passenger side now and then, I'd like to freshen up the valve train and clean up the ports. Probably wait til winter time though. Judging by what you can see with the supercharger off, does it look like they left some power on the table?

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
I would think ported heads would be a good gane. Especially like me if you already have a ported blower. I think the combination of the two could be a good horsepower gain. I had wanted to do it be for I got the Ctsv but now it will never happen lol. It's just too easy to make big power with the lsa to even wory with making the lc3 slightly more powerful. I'm now just happy to get in the Stsv and enjoy the car for what it is. A quick luxury car. That can run 12s at the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one has done cams or ported heads yet. I never pursued it due to the incredibly small amount of potential customers.
I was looking into cams yesterday which is why I created this thread haha. What kinda gain do you think we could make?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cams alone, next to nil I would assume. I don't think the stock castings would allow much of a gain with just cams.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cams alone, next to nil I would assume. I don't think the stock castings would allow much of a gain with just cams.
Yeah from what I've read the average gain is about 8whp. It's a lot of work for just 8whp but I guess every little bit matters!

·
Registered
382 Posts
If I have the supercharger off to port the heads, maybe I should tap 8 injector nozzles into the supercharger runners along the sides and run a direct port methanol system. Maybe add one larger injector before the throttle body to cool the supercharger rotors a bit too, further decreasing air temps and stabilizing the meth distribution if one cylinder were to be a bit leaner than the rest. What do you think?

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
10 Posts
Greetings Boss Baller:

I have a Black 2007 STS-V.

Just to refresh anyone on mods frequently discussed here. You mean other than the mods I have scheduled at D3's New Austin, TX Workshop in a few weeks:
  • Stage 1 Intake
  • Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Smaller Supercharger Pulley
  • Larger Supercharger Intercooler/Heat Exchanger with Fan
  • Larger Supercharger Intercooler/Heat Exchanger Reservoir
  • Flow Matched, High PSI Injectors
  • New Wires and Plugs
  • Custom Tuning
  • Dyno before and after
  • D3 Sticker!!
T-Fab of course has a lot of these options and more.

Desired by Me:
Flared Rear Wheel Wells
Wider Rear Tires
Increase Incoming Airflow somehow
Custom Hood similar to the one on the D3 Website on a CTS-V (Attached)

Regards,

LarryP

D3-Air-Inlet-Hood-CTS-V-02.jpg

·
Registered
'06 D3 STS-V and '05 CTS-V
107 Posts
Greetings Boss Baller:

I have a Black 2007 STS-V.

Just to refresh anyone on mods frequently discussed here. You mean other than the mods I have scheduled at D3's New Austin, TX Workshop in a few weeks:
  • Stage 1 Intake
  • Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Smaller Supercharger Pulley
  • Larger Supercharger Intercooler/Heat Exchanger with Fan
  • Larger Supercharger Intercooler/Heat Exchanger Reservoir
  • Flow Matched, High PSI Injectors
  • New Wires and Plugs
  • Custom Tuning
  • Dyno before and after
  • D3 Sticker!!
T-Fab of course has a lot of these options and more.

Desired by Me:
Flared Rear Wheel Wells
Wider Rear Tires
Increase Incoming Airflow somehow
Custom Hood similar to the one on the D3 Website on a CTS-V (Attached)

Regards,

LarryP

View attachment 309377
A D3 sticker too!!!?

As the owner of a STS-V D3 Stage 2 I would be interested to know what they estimate your final BHP / FWHP will be because they have a policy of not quoting or publishing RWHP numbers in this forum or on their website......only flywheel HP (BHP).

·
Registered
'06 STS-V, '17 CTS-V
777 Posts
Don't ruin the hood. Stock looks sophisticated and powerful. All else I agree. Mine's in for ported blower install, ported throttle body, 60# injectors, and the smaller 2.4 pulley as we speak!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts