Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
seville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father-in-law's 1990 Seville won't run or idle. Has a service engine light and the following codes in history and sometime current. E014,15,16,22,31,32,37,38,65,74, and91. 31 and 32 are shorted map sensor and open map sensor, 37 and 38 are shorted mat sensor and open mat sensor. I find it hard to believe you can have a short and open. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1992 Seville
323 Posts
My first thought would be a bad voltage regulator, at least that's the area I would look at first. The E016 code is set when the system voltage drops below 10 volts or goes above 16 volts with the engine running above 500 rpm. I would remove the battery and the alternator and go to one of the auto stores, like Napa or Autozone, and have them checked out.

I think you will have to eliminate the battery/charging system as the source of your problems first before you can tackle the other codes.

·
Registered
seville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CCTgene I will have it checked. I have a bad feeling that it may be a problem with the ecm. Just to many codes happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts