Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is from the MagnusonProducts site showing from and rear pulleys on the drive shaft.

It sounds like people are looking for smaller pulleys on the front of the shaft.

Could a larger pulley be used on the back end of the shaft?

As I said before, the roots blower will be my winter project. Since I'll have the front end open for the blower and cooler, I want to make all the required (and desired) changes at that time.

Tony

·
0 Posts
I Called Magnuson About The Rear Pullys. They Told Me That The Rear Pulleys Are That Size Due To Clearance Factors.

·
0 Posts
The Problem Isthat They Are Not 1-1 Ratio. Look At The Maggie For The Corvette The Pullys Are 1-1 Ratio. On The V They Are Not. That Is Why The Vet Comes With A 3.3 Front Pully And The V Comes With A 3.0 Pully. So They Get The Same Boost But If You Put The V Pully (3.0)on The Vet It Will Make Morepower Because The Rear Ratio Is 1-1 Ratio.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
I'm told from Magna that the current S/C units now come with 2.8 pulleys, NOT the (used to be) standard 3.0 pulleys. I have a 2.8 pulley on mine from Magna.

·
0 Posts
ok that is fine but the rear pulleys are still the same ratio. they are not 1-1. only on the vetts they are 1-1 ratio so a vet maggie with a 2.8 pulley will make more boost then a v will . the rears even though manacharger says not to do it can be done. the only problem is they are press fit. a pain in the ass

·
0 Posts
you can get 12lbs pounds and stilll be efficient out of the maggie but that is pretty much the max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts