Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crushed him easily. I even had an air conditioner, my golf clubs, and suitcase in my trunk since I was on the way back from the lake! I raced him up to about 65 then let off. He kept pushing so I hammered it up to 80 then let off. He did the old ricer fly by on me! LOL!!

WOOT!! :highfive:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
274 Posts
Crushed him easily. I even had an air conditioner, my golf clubs, and suitcase in my trunk since I was on the way back from the lake! I raced him up to about 65 then let off. He kept pushing so I hammered it up to 80 then let off. He did the old ricer fly by on me! LOL!!

YEAH BABY!!!!:highfive:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts

:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got him on the launch. my cts does zero to 60 in 6 flat which is pretty close to a previous gen mustang gt.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was a previous gen mustang GT with the V8. Bob must have missed the giant GT in the title. :highfive:

Previous gen GT was like 270hp stock with like 300ftlbs. As far as I know every GT had a V8.

His launch sucked. With a good launch the results could have been much different. Chalk this one up to my superior driving and knowing my CTS inside and out! LOL!! :highfive:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Nice job Nick! :highfive:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
This was a previous gen mustang GT with the V8. Bob must have missed the giant GT in the title. :highfive:

Previous gen GT was like 270hp stock with like 300ftlbs. As far as I know every GT had a V8.

His launch sucked. With a good launch the results could have been much different. Chalk this one up to my superior driving and knowing my CTS inside and out! LOL!! :highfive:
Just playin' with my friend! BTW did the mustang know you were racin'?!:D:stirpot:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Stupid question: Nick, is your CTS an Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just playin' with my friend! BTW did the mustang know you were racin'?!:D:stirpot:
Judging by the amount of rubber he laid i would say so! LOL!! I didnt even push hard until I heard squeeling tires. Then I burned him up. LOL!!

Stupid question: Nick, is your CTS an Auto or Manual?
5 speed auto good buddy!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
That's what I thought. I didn't think they offered the sport/lux models with the manual.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They do offer it Chad its just kind of rare but on an 04 manual it would have the 3.2

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
I think the Mustang driver didn't know he was racing. Hell a stock automatic GT would eat up a 3.6 CTS especially an auto one. But not trying to rain on your parade but what "superior" driving skill do you have to mash a gas pedal? Nice kill even though it's very questionable

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
No such thing as an automatic 3.6 CTS beating a Mustang GT. It didnt happen. That guy was playing with you or didnt know he was racing. Bad launch doesnt matter. He could give you 2 lengths and still hand you your ass. Stock GT's of that generation do 0-60 in 5.5 stock. This is coming from someone who hates Fords.

Its like saying i beat a Taurus with my HT4100 Brougham. It didnt happen, and never will.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts