Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and looked in the faq but didn't find anything on this problem (if it is one).

The moonroof is opening properly but it seems to be looser on the drivers side then the Passengers side when it's closed.

I have noticed a little rubber piece that came out from that area but didn't think much of it because the moonroof still worked. Now I'm starting to wonder if this has something to do with it.

Now I would guess your first question would be why in the hell is he even checking for this? Well I was racing a SRT 300 and when I got up to 125 there was a major leak through the moonroof. It was flopping around and making all kinds of noise.

I don't go above 100 to often so this could explain why I haven't noticed it. Has anyone else ahd the same problem and if so did you get it fixed?

Could just be because I have the moonroof I have to live with this but I would have to believe this isn't normal.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this one.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
The moonrooofs make noise at high speeds. Like a wind leak. Flopping around is another story.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
325 Posts
Mine starts getting noisy around 115 and at 145 it makes a real racket. As a side note, the only rattle in my car is from the roof and it is very faint.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
mine get loud at about 115. Are you saying that the glass is shaking or the slide shade cover thing?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
The slipstream at those speeds creates a major vacuum. I am sure this happens on all cars. But most cars are too unstable above 120 for you to notice anything as trivial as a sunroof seal. Unless you spend alot of time at those speeds, why worry about it.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The slipstream at those speeds creates a major vacuum. I am sure this happens on all cars. But most cars are too unstable above 120 for you to notice anything as trivial as a sunroof seal. Unless you spend alot of time at those speeds, why worry about it.
Becuase it's not just a slight leak, I would be OK with that, It sounds like it's going to get ripped off and hit the car behid me.

I was just hoping someone that had the moonroof could tell me if the up and down play is the same on the Drivers front side compared to the apssengers front side of the moon roof.

Mine moves up and down about 1/4" on the drivers side but only about 1/8" on teh passenger side (this seems normal).

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
I haven't noticed any leaking with my moonroof but it does have a rattle (at just about any speed but very noticeable at around 45 mph) that irritates the crap out of me. If anyone knows how to fix this, it'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
235 Posts
I can't say that for my car.. I do 100 mph almost all the time when I have the room for it. I have yet to hear noise coming from the moonroof. Last time I was doing 160 mph I did not hear it either.. Maybe because I was in the zone listening to music.. :). Either way.. I would have your Dealer look at it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts