Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My moonroof is stuck open. The page on the FAQ is not working. Battery died. How do I reset?
PLEASE HELP. Plastic bag filling fast.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
49 Posts
Here you go V-Love!!!

Help. My sunroof is stuck open
If your sunroof is stuck open and will not close, here is a procedure to close it temporarily.

Position the sunroof switch to the close position
Then push in the knob and hold
Hopefully it will then close
Then go to your dealer and have a new control switch installed

Dualcams34

Copied directly from the FAQ

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
49 Posts
What an ar$e I posted the wrong one. This should be the right one.

Help, My sunroof wont work (and my battery died or was replaced recently)
If they disconnected the battery or the battery has been replaced, the sunroof has to be reprogrammed.

Procedure
Hold in the know and turn it clockwise.
Wait a few seconds
Then while still holding it in, turn it all the way counter-clockwise.
When you put it back to the "neutral" position it will move a little (coming from the tilt to the closed position).
From that point on it should work perfectly.

Thanks Anim8orCTSV

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worked like a charm.

I called roadside asssistance and they put me on the phone with a tech. He had me pull my rear seat bottom out, pull the rug up, find the fusebox(there are 2. He told me the wrong one), pull out the fuse and replace it(not broken). It didn't work and he told me thats all he knew.

Anyone that isn't a supporting member should pay-up now. Your bretheren in this forum will save your time, your money, and your ass.

Thankyou 1BadJimmy.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am just glad I went back to my search of the FAQ (THANKS REED) because it did not sound right to me. And I am glad I could help.
For some reason that particular link under electronics was coming up page not found. The page above and below it both worked. Thanks again for looking it up. I am very grateful.

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V
49 Posts
Definately a good example of why to support this forum and the FAQ site. :thumbsup:
Well I know that any one of the members (supporting and not supporting YET) would help me should a question, need of immediate help (such as V-Love's situation) or I just feel too lazy to search. :hide:

Lucky for me I have not had a problem that I have not found a solution for. I am also on page 13 or 14 of the V forum just reading what everyone else has do to their V. Just trying to keep repeat posts down and doing what I think every new member should do second. SHOULD READ STICKIES FIRST!

The same time I became a supporting member I also supported the FAQ. For those that have to ask why: My tires were in need of a rotation, and without the FAQ I would have had to take the V in to have the TPMS reprogrammed. While probably not much money to have it performed, it would have stolen from my mod money.

Charles
off soapbox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts