Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 CTS4 DI from carmax and noticed a small leak from the center divider in the gigantic moonroof.

When it rains or when I wash it water seeps in and drips a little onto the back seat, and when driving at speed you can hear air coming in. If you push up on it slightly with your hand the noise instantly stops.

Is there an easy adjustment on it that im not seeing to add some more tension?
Im going to take it in hopefully tomorrow because its under warranty, but i would love to know if you can adjust it in case the problem crops up again after they fix it.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2008 CTS4, 1996 Eldorado ETC
89 Posts
The sunroof wind noise seems to be a common issue. Search this forum. Mine also has the wind noise and it too stops if I push up slightly on the divider. I have no leak issue. The dealer service dept. said the sunroof seals need to be replaced and I am bringing it in this week to have them replaced to reduce the wind noise.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
jdanna,

congratulations on your purchase!

The sunroof wind noise was quite a common issue on 08. Mine had it as well. Dealer replaced the middle brace (this piece you pushing on) and some seals. The wind noise is gone! But I had no issue with leaking. Take it to the dealer and have it fixed.

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the car came from carmax so hopefully they can fix it.
Its going back to them tomorrow, i dont think its under the original cadillac warranty so i dont want to have to take it to a cadillac dealership

·
Registered
CTS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
62,000 :/
but i talked to carmax and they are taking care of everything.
cant wait to get my car back tomorrow

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just had my center divider seal replaced by the dealer service dept., under warranty, and it resolved my sunroof wind noise issue.
All quiet now! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
Just had my center divider seal replaced by the dealer service dept., under warranty, and it resolved my sunroof wind noise issue.
All quiet now! :thumbsup:
Great to hear it! Enjoy the car now...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, love this car. :cool:
The wind noise never bothered me too much. Drove it for almost a year before I decided to get it fixed under warranty. I notice now that the center divider flexes up and down a bit more when you open and close the sunroof. Probably puts more pressure on the seals to get a better seal.
Next step is to install the ceramic brake pads on the fronts to reduce the brake dust.

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI - L1, L2 and Performance Packages, White Diamond
4 Posts
Just bought my '08 CTS (CPO) in February. Didn't notice the wind noise from my sunroof for the first few days. I guess I never drove above 50 MPH. On my work trip, sure enough, it was there. Haven't had time to take it into the dealership for the warranty fix yet, but I did call. They seemed like they've already dealt with this many times. Now I just gotta make the time...... No leaks here though. Just wind noise.

Still never loved a car as much as this one.

·
Registered
Cadillac
67 Posts
I've been complaining to my dealer about the wind noise for 2 years and they could never duplicate the problem. I moved in the last year and had to find a new dealer for service. I took it in for an oil change and mentioned the air leak. I was shocked when they said they would replace the entire unit. They had to order it, it was installed yesterday, no noise, no squeaks, no leaks. What a difference a good dealer makes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts