Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed air shocks, like Monroe MA830 Max-Air, used the existing compressor and factory levelling sensors. How does it work and what parts are required

·
2005 ESV
78 Posts
I did the Monroe 40050's in the rear and the 40044's in the front and it was dog simple; everything was essentially plug and play. I'm not sure about the Max-Air shocks and/or how they're different than OEM. It may be a moot point, but I hope that it helps.

·
2005 ESV
78 Posts
Are those oem replacements?
The 400XX's? Yes sir!

The Max-Air's? I'm not sure but I don't think so.

Just did a quick search and it looks like the Max-Air shocks are adjustable air-shocks, so those'd be a completely different beast altogether. I'm at a loss on this one.

·
Registered
2006 escalade esv platinum
59 Posts
Thanks for the info CCDeville. I want to stay with oem on my rear air shocks for my 2006 esv.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Has anyone installed air shocks, like Monroe MA830 Max-Air, used the existing compressor and factory levelling sensors. How does it work and what parts are required
I haven't used Monroe's but Dorman air shocks are wonderful. Also if you have a broken compressor theirs is much better than OEM but please keep your air shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts