Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

As heavyhearted as it makes me, I decided to sell my 1984 Chevy K/10 4x4. I tossed it up on CL for fun and someone was gracious to offer me asking price. As much as I love the truck, I really couldn't refuse the offer so I'm going to be coming into some money and decided to use a piece of it to pay off some credit card debt, and the rest will provide some much needed care for my beloved Fleetwood.

I need to fix a nasty interior leak that I suspect is coming from the windshield, as well as new door and window seals all around. The vinyl top is basically ruined so I'll be needing that redone. Rear bumper fillers are starting to crack and will be breaking apart soon, so those as well. I could also use two new tires, Runway Enduro 75's are what I have now so another couple of those. I've also got one dead rear speaker and one front on its way out so I figured new speakers all around. If I've got enough loot left, perhaps a nice touchscreen head unit with embedded navigation and Bluetooth.

Gaah, I feel like a kid in a candy store......

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting $2,200 for my truck, a grand will go towards my CC bill and the remaining $1,200 I'm going to invest in the Caddy. I'm sure I won't have enough for everything on my list so I'm basically starting with what's needed.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
It probably wouldn't be cost effective, but what would really be nice is having the rear (or even the front) fillers fabricated in metal. I'm considering doing that on my Coupe, but will probably just cheap out, and get some non-color matching fillers and put foil tape one them, to make them look like chrome.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
You're supposed to start high then negotiate lower when selling a vehicle. It's hard to find a decent 4x4 for $2k. If it wasn't rusty somebody got a good deal. I may be reading about it on the truck forum that I frequent. Good luck fixing up the Fleetwood though.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
980 Posts
Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise
That they're giving none away
Away, away, way
(Away, away, away, away)

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise
That they're giving none away
Away, away, way
(Away, away, away, away)
Not that I condone this...but it had to be done!:lol:

·
Registered
1970 Coupe De Ville//Cessna 172
551 Posts
You're taking the wrong approach Dave. Pay the $1K to the credit card bill, then spend the other $1200 on the Caddy as planned. Wait 1 month, and you will find that your new credit card balance is Lower than it once was by $1000. That means you have $1000 more that you can put on the credit card. See what I mean??
Jeff

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
How much does it cost to get a vinyl top replaced? I thought one thread fairly recently had the price right around $1,000. I'm sure it changes a lot by location but $1,200 probably won't go very far if you need that vinyl top replaced.

I agree with cadillac_al. that's a good deal on a 4x4 truck. I bought mine from a state auction for $1800 and have put probably $500 worth of sheet metal on it (inner and outer rockers, cab corners, and rear wheel arches) but it's a 2002 sierra regular cab with an 8 foot bed. Exactly what I wanted and much cheaper than buying a perfect one.

Can't wait to see the progress you make with that $1200! keep us updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts